{Chapter 5}

Gene's POV

"Sir, she's here," I heard my second-in-command, Zenix, say from the hallway.

"Let her in then already," I replied impatiently. I watched intently as the doors to the grand hallway opened to reveal a blue haired girl struggling against the grip of my soldiers. I took a side-way glance towards the portrait of the queen that was displayed on the wall.

"The resemblance is strikingly alike," I thought,"If the queen had had another hold then there would be an heir to the throne which is much needed right now."

"Child, what is your name," I questioned. I saw her turn her head defiantly towards me shrugging off the hold my soldiers had on her.

"I'm not a child. I'm 18, officially an adult," she said glaring up at me,"My name is Katelyn, now tell me why I'm here." I rolled my eyes.

"Stay put, I have to discuss something with the queen," I said stepping down to walk past her. I walked down the hallway to the throne room where the queen was.

"Your highness, there's a girl here, her name is Katelyn," I said about to continue but was stopped by a hand motioning me to come closer. I stepped cautiously forward.

"You said her name was Katelyn?" the queen questioned. I nodded my head.

"Her appearance consists of pale blue hair and icy blue eyes," I said. She paused contemplating what I had said.

"Continue," she said sternly.

"Um well, she was reported by a citizen in the city for impersonating you, you see the only difference between you and her is that she has blue eyes and yours are green," I stated.

"Why did you bring this information to me," Queen Eliza said turning her cold state towards me.

"Um well, I was thinking. She looks enough like you to become the lost heir to the throne. We could engage her to wed the son of Enski, we'd be saving our country from corruption and poverty," I said with uncertainty. She opened her mouth as if to say something then thought otherwise.

"Gene, you are a genius. Bring her to me," she said patting my shoulder. I bowed in response.

"Before I go I am just wondering, is she your child?" I asked. She gave me a blank expression.

"That's for me to know and for you to never find out," she replied sternly. I nodded and turned to leave.

                          Katelyn's POV

"What do you want from me," I asked the guards holding me. I glared at each of them when my gaze was shifted to a flash of black walking towards me.

"You will come with me to meet your new mother," Gene said.

"So she really is my mother, after all these years she now decides to show her face," I retorted. Gene looked at me in shock.

"I'll find out the real story father, I will," I vowed.

Word Count: 494