Chapter 11

Arthur just disappeared.
But I didn't need anymore answers.
Well actually I did.
Why does Wendy want Arthur if he is already dead?
Why did Arthur's Grandpa visit that house, if everything was going on well?

I quickly got up and left the orphanage.
Granny had given me Father Edward's address so I headed straight towards his house.

I was really nervous.
How would Father react when he would come to know about Tara's demise.

With a pounding heart, I knocked at the door of his house.

"Lisa? What are you doing here?", Father asked as soon as he saw me.

"Father I need your help", I said sobbing.
"Come inside", he said.

He gave me a glass of water and sat on a chair in front of me.

"Father. Wendy didn't leave us. Tara is dead. Arthur doesn't exist.", I had no idea what I was saying.

"Lisa. Calm down. Tell me everything", Father said.

"When we moved into our new house, I thought things would get okay. But our new house happens to be be that very house in which Wendy was killed by her father. Wendy and Amelia are still there. The exorcisms failed. I went to seek help from Tara but she committed suicide, in our previous house.
I know that wasn't a suicide. Wendy killed her.
Tara left a diary in which she wrote that how the spirits bothered her while she was alive.

My school friends Arthur and Lily do not exist.
They died in the 19th century."

I told Father everything about what Arthur said to me and the visions I had.

"Lisa. I had said that before that Wendy is an evil spirit. It wouldn't be easy to get rid of her.
She wants to possess Arthur.", Father Edward said.

"But he is already dead?", I said.

"The other realm is a completely different place Lisa. The evil spirits want to keep every other spirit under their whim. As slaves. And Wendy hates Arthur because he is related to her family.
Her dad didn't want a daughter and killed her to be with his illegitimate son. That's the reason she killed each and every person in their family.
Except Arthur. He committed suicide. She couldn't kill him but she wants to bring his spirit under her control. Just like Amelia.", Father Edward said.

"But Arthur doesn't deserve that. He is a good person. I mean a good spirit.
And why didn't Wendy do anything when Arthur came to that house. She could have possessed him.", I asked.

"He was never alone. Lily or those two other people who you mentioned before were there as well. The reason Wendy asks for Arthur only is because that would make it easier for her to possess him.", Father said.

"Father if Lily and Arthur are good spirits, why would they lie to me? Like they would completely deny the fact that they came to my house. I could have helped them.", I said.

"Lisa. That doesn't really matter right now. Just remember that whatever they do is for your good.", Father said.

"Father I never told you about those two people who came along with Lily and Arthur.", I said.

"Tara told me about them", Father said.

"Okay. I should leave now", I said and left.

I was waiting for my cab to arrive when a girl , who would probably be in her mid twenties, came up to me.

"Hey there. Do you know where does Father Edward Louis live?", she asked.

"Yes. That house.", I said pointing towards Father's house.

"Wait. What was the name that you just said?", I asked.

"Father Edward Louis", she answered.