Roan Black - Thirty-five

Chapter Thirty-five

Roan waited another day before he and Drake went back to the cave to take care of Raven's body. Just standing outside the cave made Roan uneasy, bringing back memories he would rather bury. "Ready to do this?" Roan turned to see Drake staring at him, waiting with the gas cans in his hand.

"Yes. Lets get it done. We need to get back, we have a long day ahead of us." Roan walked forward, glad that soon he would be able to show Audrey his home- their home.

Entering the cave further, the uneasy feeling turning to caution. Upon entering nothing seemed to be different by looking, but Roan knew something had changed. "Wait!" Roan ordered sharply. Halting Drake mid step.

"Whats wrong?" Drake asked, looking around.

Taking a deep breath, the change finally hitting him. His body grew tense. "Someone's been here.." Moving with more caution, Roan looked to where Ravens body had been and found the spot empty.

"He's gone.." Drake whispered in disbelief. "Where did he go? Roan, you're sure he was dead, right?"

Roan scowled. "I am sure. There is no way he lived." Old fury and rage filled him as the new scent continued to play havoc on his mind. "Burn what you can and meet me out front." Roan didn't wait to be answered, he needed to get out of the cave before he completely lost it.

Once he was out, he took deep breaths of the fresh air, then smelt the gas fumes. He turned back just in time to see Drake walking his way, stopping long enough to chunk the gas cans back in and throw a match. The gas immediately egnighted and lit the cave.

"What was that Roan?" Drake asked.

"Forget it."

"The hell I will. You look ready to kill someone. Tell me what the hell is going on!" Drake demanded, stepping closer to Roan.

Roan stiffened, growling at the challenge, but shook his head. "Ravens body was taken."

Drakes eyes narrowed, "by who?"

"Vale.." Roan ground out, his teeth clenched tightly.

Drake was stunned silence for a moment, then he shared his brothers rage. "Vale? You mean the bastard that killed our Lily?"

Roan nodded, his thoughts turning from the cave and back to Tessa and Audrey who were back at the cabin alone. "We have to get back to the girls and then we get on a plane tonight." Roans voice left no room for argument, not that he though Drake would argue.

Once they'd returned to the cabin and had explained what had happened no one fought him on leaving tonight.

Audrey hated that Roan was forced to live through painful memories before and nearly lost her in the process, but now the one who was responsible for it all was back and it made it so much worse.

The plane ride had been long and Audrey was beyond excited to see Paris for the first time. When they pulled through big iron gates, the nerves assaulted her. She bit her bottom lip, looking down at the plain T-shirt she wore with her plain blue jeans and wished she had time to change. She looked like she hadn't slept well the night before, her clothes were wrinkled, her hair was a birds nest and her eyes were blood shot she was sure.

Roan reached over and grabbed Audrey's tightly squeezed hand and smiled at her when her attention went to him. "She will love you, stop worrying."

"I look like shit.." Audrey said bluntly.

Roan didn't dare grin. She looked exhausted, hungry and ready to crawl out of her skin. Her hair was messy, her clothes no better, but to him she was perfect. "You look just edible to me. You look as if you just crawled out of bed after making love. Very attractive.." He purred in her ear, before taking her ear lobe.

Audrey gasped and jerked away. "I am meeting your mother! And your saying it looks like I just had sex?!" She was horrified.

Roan couldn't contain his laugh. Mother would have fun reading her thoughts. He may have stopped Drake from going through his mates thoughts, but he wouldn't be able to stop his mother. He would only ask her to not tease Audrey so much.

Roan felt the car slowing and knew he had to get his own feelings under control. "Come on my love. Time to meet my mother." Roan grabbed Audrey's hand, helping her from the car and began to lead her towards the very large brick house.

Walking into the house made Audrey's heart constrict. It was just as beautiful on the inside then it was on the outside. Biting her lower lip nervously, she looked at the high ceilings, the cream color of the walls and then as she heard the click of heels she turned her attention ahead of her, comforted by the warm and large hand at the center of her back. Her breath left her in a whoosh as she saw a beautiful woman walking towards them, stopping only when she was a least ten feet away.

"Mother." The one word spoken by Roan made Audrey's eyes widened like saucers. This woman was Roan, Drake and Tessa's mother? She looked so-

"Young?" Roan's mother finished for her, smiling warmly at Audrey. The poor dear was a bundle of nerves and from the quick read she'd done while walking towards them, she knew that Roan wouldn't allow teasing. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you Audrey. I'm Ziva, Roan's mom."

Audrey was frozen to her spot and became stiff when Ziva suddenly moved forwards and brought her into a warm hug. But, Roan watched on with relief at his mothers warm welcome. He never doubted it, but with everything Audrey had been through his mothers normal teasing was not best now.

"Welcome to the family." Ziva whispered as she pulled away from the embrace. "I suspect I have much to hear, but until then, you should feed and eat. The trip was long and there is time to hear all the sordid details of your encounter with Raven and.." Ziva closed herself off, not being able to mention the bastards name. Forcing a smile, she moved to welcoming her oldest son home and then to Drake and Tessa as they entered with their bags.

"Come along, we'll go to the kitchen."

🔹

🔹

🔹

🔹

Only one more chapter after this one!!!!