Roan Black - Eight

Chapter Eight

Roan was quick to return to his cabin, he needed to set up security for Audrey and they had to make a plan to capture Raven before he did any more damage. He wasn't surprised when he entered to find Drake finishing off a bag of blood. It was well past time for his own feeding, but at the moment he couldn't be bothered with it. "We have to find that bastard! What have you been doing all day?" Roan couldn't control the accusation in his voice. Drake as far as Roan was aware had been here the entire time he was gone, so why hadn't he realized Raven was next door in Audrey's cabin?

Drake's eyes widened at the hostility of his brother, he knew that Raven got under his skin as he did himself, but he didn't realize it was this bad. "I was here, but I didn't know- I don't know how he got by unnoticed.." Drake finished lamely then furrowed his brows as he glared lightly at Roan. "What the hell has crawled up your ass? You have been moody since yesterday, more moody than usual anyways."

Roan jaw clenched with such force he was surprised he hadn't chipped a tooth. "I want Raven's head on a platter or isn't that a shared feeling anymore?" He knew he was avoiding the question with a question of his own.

Drake was silent for a moment, "it's more then that now. Roan, you know you can tell me anything. You may be head of our family, but you're my brother too."

Roan suddenly felt the fight leave him, his body relaxing slightly as he sighed. Drake was right. This wasn't something he should be keeping from his brother, it was something to be celebrated, but Roan had felt hesitation. Perhaps, it was simply because Roan hadn't expected to find a mate, or maybe it was because he hadn't wished to add a responsibility of a life mate. Now, that he'd actually spoken to Audrey he wouldn't be able to ignore her and he certainly couldn't leave her when she was being targeted. "Audrey is my life mate," Roan didn't give his brother time to react to that news as he moved on to the bad. "raven was in her house and from what you seen in Audrey's mind earlier I believe he's targeting her purposely."

Drake now understood his brother's odd behavior. Hell it was a shit storm waiting to happen around here. Drake sighed heavily, rubbing a hand down his face. "Damn, damn, damn. What's the plan? We obviously aren't gonna let him touch Audrey. You think he's figured out she's your life mate?" The thought had Drake frowning. Was Raven purposely going after Roan's life mate?

Roan shook his head, taking a seat. "No, I don't believe he does. I think he seen us with her yesterday. I don't think he meant for us to know about him being near, I think he meant to take her and taunt us with the knowledge that we were so close yet were useless to her." Or at least, that was a fear in Roan's mind. It hadn't been, before he'd been very confident in protecting Audrey, but now that he'd seen that Raven got in to her cabin without Drake's knowing it made him feel unsure of his abilities.

"He won't get her Roan. We'll keep her safe." Drake assured.

Roan looked at his brother, nodding. "I hope you're right." Roan sighed, stood and walked to the fridge. He grabbed two bags of blood and walked towards his room. "We'll have to take turns watching her cabin. I'll take first watch, you can take second. You should get some sleep." Roan had all, but dismissed Drake as he disappeared into his room. He kept the lights off, but moved a chair so that it sat facing the window, then took a seat. His eyes moved along the wood line, then to Audrey's cabin. "You'll have to get through me first you bastard." Roan knew he couldn't be heard, but saying it made him feel better.

*
*
Come on pups, where is the feedback? Is the story boring? Perhaps? Haha. Well anyways, this was supposed to be Fridays update, but I decided to go ahead and post.

There will still be an update Friday!