Roan Black - Ten

Chapter Ten

Aubrey spent the day and most of the evening trying to figure out what the kiss meant. Sure she'd spent the last weeks getting to know Roan a lot better. She found out that he also had a sister back home, a mother, but really he was still a stranger. A stranger you want to jump, a voice in her head said and Aubrey couldn't deny it. She had been fighting the urge to jump him, she didn't know what had come over her. Since seeing him and getting to know him a bit better her every thought had been consumed with images of Roan. When she was with him, the images were much more vivid and well real, but she didn't know how Roan felt. He always seemed so composed when ever they were together.

She suddenly jumped and yelped when she heard something crash outside her back door. Getting off the couch, she moved into the kitchen and squinted her eyes as she looked through the glass door. She could barely make anything out through the darkness. She jumped again when she heard yet another crash, but this time behind her near the front door. Aubrey's heart against her chest and her palms began to sweat. "Hello?" She called, grimacing when she realized that in every horror movie the girl who called out was killed first.

Remembering her gun, Aubrey scanned the living room for her purse. When she spotted it on the coffee table, she sighed in relief and began to walk towards it only to scream and shield her face as her living room window shattered.

When she opened her eyes, she looked down to see a something that looked very much like a brick, but what made her fear rise even more was what appeared to be a piece of paper tied to it. Audrey looked towards the shattered window too afraid to pass the openness to grab her gun. So she quickly grabbed the paper off the brick and ran to her room and locked the door. Aubrey turned the paper over, then dropped it as if it had burned her. She chocked on a sob as she realized that she didn't get away from her stalker.

Pacing the room and running her hands wildly through her hair she tried to get ahold of herself, but each time she looked down at the picture of her and Roan making out of the porch it brought fresh fear. "Oh god... Oh god!" she chanted. He was here! He knew where she lived. He had been watching her for god knows how long. She couldn't be here alone, but she was too terrified to go outside.

She grabbed at her cell phone out of her back pocket, went through the contacts to find Roan, but realized with dismay that she never got his cellphone number. Holding back another sob back Aubrey remembered that she'd used Roan's phone to call Karla. Quickly dialing Karla's number, she begged silently that she picked up. "Hey babe! Haven't heard from you in a while, what's up?" Aubrey held back a sob at hearing her friends voice, and cleared her throat.

"Karla, hey, sorry. Do you happen to still have the other number I called from? Remember my neighbors number?" Audrey held her breath as she waited for Karla to answer.

"Yeah. Do you need it? Hey are you okay? You sound...funny?" Karla asked, Audrey could hear the concern, but didn't want to worry her.

"Yeah, yeah. I just- I need to ask him a favor.. Can you tell me the number..?" Before Audrey could get the number something banged against her bedroom door causing Audrey to drop her phone. It shattered against the hard wood floor and Audrey dropped down and panicked over the shattered screen. She pushed the power button, but it only lite up before going black. "No, no, no!" Audrey screamed when she heard the slow and taunting knocks on her bedroom door.

Aubrey shot up and moved her dresser in front of her door, ignoring the scraping sound. Then moved away and slide down the side of her bed. She covered her ears, trying to drown out the knocking. "GO AWAY!!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!" She screamed through her tears and the fear, pulling her legs to her chest and burying her face in her knee's crying.

*

*

Roan walked up to the cabin feeling drained. He was so sure he was closer to Raven, but somehow the bastard had slipped him- again. "Don't worry Roan, we'll find him." Roan heard Drake said from him. Roan couldn't do more then nod, he was frustrated, but for more then one reason. When Drake had interrupted his and Audrey's encounter earlier that morning, Roan was ready to kill him; Until Drake had told him he'd caught Raven's scent in the area. They'd spent the entire day and all of the evening tracking only to come up short. Roan raised his head, noticing from his peripheral that Audrey's light was still on. Before he could decide whether or not to visit his phone began to buzz in his pocket. He pulled it out, not recognizing the number he answered. "Hello?"

"Is this Roan? Audrey's neighbor?" Came the frantic response. Roan frowned.

"Yes? Who is this?" Roan asked.

"This is Karla, I'm Audrey's friend. Anyways, she called me a few minutes ago. She sounded off, but said she was fine... She asked if I had your number and I was about to give it to her when I heard some sort of banging sound and then the call cut off... I don't know you, but could you check on her?"

Roan looked towards Audrey's cabin again, this time really looking and then he seen it. Her living room window was shattered and her front door was wide open. Roan dropped his phone and ran. He was on her porch in seconds, but he slowed, he was instantly smacked in the face by Raven's scent. Cautiously, Roan moved further into the house, feeling his brother at his back. "Audrey?" Roan called out, spotting the brick that must have shattered her window. His brow's furrowed, confused by it. Raven wasn't known for throwing bricks through his victims window's. The thought brought fear rising through him as he continued to call out only to get silence in return. "Drake, check the kitchen. I'm going to check upstairs." Roan ordered, his voice grim.

"Roan.." Drake began, concern lacing his voice.

"No, I-" Roan shook his head, heading for the stairs. "Just check the kitchen." Roan took slow steps, "Audrey? Are you here?" Roan called. He stopped at one of the closed door's noticing the markings that suggested someone had possibly hit it several times. Taking a big whiff, Roan smelt Raven yet again and the scent was stronger here. "Audrey!" Roan started banging on the door when he couldn't turn the knob. Then decided to just break it down, he didn't have to put much effort into it, but realized that there was something in front of the door. Using a bit more of his strength he pushed everything away until he could walk into the room.

Roan was about to call out once again, when he heard stifled crying. Frowning, Roan moved forward and realized it was coming from inside the closet. He opened the door's slowly, his heart breaking at the sight in front of him. "Audrey... Audrey, baby... It's me, Roan.."

Audrey looked up from her knee's and cried even more, but with relief when she seen Roan kneeling down in front of her. Without hesitation she launched herself into his arms and fell apart. She could barely make out his words as darkness claimed her.

*
*

So technically it's Saturday morning for me (1:05a.m), but I tried really hard to get this update up in time. I just wasn't satisfied with it and ended up editing like three times....

So hope you like it. The action is finally beginning. Please let me know below what you think and don't forget to vote. Thanks.