Forevermore

Chapter 11- Forevermore

Loneliness can darken the heart quicker then murder will, but only if you let it. Revenge is an insatiable thirst that will never be quenched, only growing more rabid and hungrier for more — growing more darker if you let it. Blood will only slake your thirst for so long before you start to lose your humanity. Unfortunately, Calley has chosen darkness. Her heart is now dark, tainted, growing more inhuman with each day that passes.

I hear snippets of her thoughts here and there, somehow she has managed to find a way to block me from hearing her thoughts. Still, I'll hear a thought here and there and it mainly consist of nothing but evilness, wickedness, purely hungry for whatever her cold black heart desires. So far, she has managed to turn ten innocent humans into the evil creature that she is now. Her numbers are rising every night.

Once she gains their loyalty, she erases their humanity. I've witnessed the aftermath of her army and the chaos that they leave behind. They have no regards for human life whatsoever. The humans that cared for their families, gone. In their place, a malevolent force that serves Calley doing her bidding for her. Once their changed... she sets them loose on their own families.

They slaughtered their wives, husbands, brothers, sisters, and even their own children. The despair that swallowed my soul is forever, leaving behind its catastrophic print forevermore. Villages were plundered, humans sought after and forced into the life of immortality whether they wanted it or not. Calley truly let her demon take over and looking at her from inside my mind all I can see is pure darkness. There is no light left in her at all. She is no longer the little sister I once knew and loved... she's nothing but a monster now.

Her eyes no longer human nor vampire, but that of evil. The color has completely changed on its own, now they have a red iris with black consuming the white. How they managed to change on their own I have no idea, what I do know is my sister must die before she wipes out humanity. She's left me quite a few messages in the slaughtered villages some saying, "Catch me if you can." and another saying "In darkness is my soul, forevermore."

It was easy to see that my sister has lost her humanity completely. Her messages we're nothing but a challenge, to taunt me — to get me to think irrationally and rush in blindly. I am no fool and she know this, I will find a way to end her reign of terror one way or another whether that means killing her or locking her up for a thousand years.

"My darling, baby sister, I am truly sorry for what I've done to you. I should've let you die in my arms that fateful night."

I spoke in a whisper so soft I wasn't even sure I had spoken it aloud. Their blood is on my hands. If I don't stop her there will be no world to live in.

Following the trails of Calley and her rising number of vampires was no easy feat but I would not stop looking until I found her. I wonder what she promised them to get them to serve her?

***

Unknown Pov

I remember the day Caen saved me and changed me like it was yesterday. It's true; if he had not saved me I would be dead, but am I not dead now? Am I not to spend an eternity in hell for the abomination I have became? Surely, I will be punished for the lives that I have taken from countless others? Is this my punishment for my humanly mistakes? Am I damned to the deepest pits of hell to be forever tortured, chewed on, and burned to a crisp but never really dying.

*FLASHBACK OF UNKNOWN POV*

The year was 1508 and I was walking with my beloved to the next town over. The sky was dark and void of stars, the wind whistled through the trees making an eerily howling sound. My beloved held onto my arm in fright, afraid of the dark she was and I didn't blame her in the least bit. These roads were settled right next to a wooded area known for keeping all sorts of dangerous criminals and animals alike.

I looked every which way keeping my eyes peeled for any sign of trouble, but alas, I never saw the attack coming. In the dark shadows lurked an inky black cat. No ordinary cat but a Kratain. Kratain were as tall as humans some even taller. They were stealthy creatures always waiting in the shadows, stalking its prey silently until it was ready to devour them whole. That's what happened though. It took all of one second for the glowing orange eyes to lunge out of the hidden shadows and onto my beloved.

It stood with half of her body in its large jaws and chomped down once, crushing every bone, tearing muscle and ligament and ultimately, killing my beloved. After the Kratain chomped once more, he lifted his head and swallowed the other half of her body whole. Within one second my life changed, my beloved gone, my life gone. I stood as still as a statue knowing I was next on his list.

Just as the Kratain was unhinging his jaw to devour me, a man came out of the woods, a long sharp sword in his hand with blood covering his body like a second skin. The man jumped on the Kratain's back taking the sword and pushing it deep in its spine. The big cat hissed loudly and swatted the man off of its back like it was a speck of dirt. The cat lunged at me, swiping its talon like claws effectively slicing my arm clean off.

I fell to the ground hard, blood spurted out like a spring waterfall and that only made the Kratain even more excited. Just as it was getting ready to scoop me into its large mouth again, the man came at the cat again, this time slicing off the Kratain's head in one fluid swipe. The large head rolled and hit a large oak tree which cracked at the weight of the Kratain head.

I felt cold sweeping over my body and then ice touching my neck. Little did I know the icy touch was the man's fingers, I was losing way too much blood to even care. The heat had long since drained from my body and all I could do was stare into the man's eyes, gurgling red foam that trickled down the sides of my mouth.

"My name is, Caen, you're going to be okay."

He then bit into my neck with ease, and after he bit me I passed out and sometime later woke up to find that I was now a monster who could only survive on human blood and could no longer walk in the sunlight. If I died I would go to hell all because of Caen. I foolishly introduced myself and thought it a blessing that I survived, but soon after, I knew it to be a curse.

"Thank you, sir, for saving my life. I am forever in your debt." I said sincerely.

"What did you say your name was?" He implored with a slight tip of his head.

"I'm known as Drake Silver."

***

Drake- Year 2015

"We will get revenge! We will get our justice! We will seek out the devil that changed us into what we are today and we will find a way to kill him. My master said she knows how to rid us of Caen. I say we let her so long as he dies! Who's with me?"

The crowd of Vampires roared in agreement. She will be happy to know they will accept any help she can offer. Caen isn't untouchable like he thinks. He isn't the big bad that we all should fear. If Caen hadn't changed her and left her to fend for herself maybe she wouldn't be so hard up for revenge. I can't say as I blame her. He changed me and I never asked him to. I never wanted his help, his so called mercy. He condemned me to an eternity of hell. I will be condemned and punished accordingly to my sins I committed on earth both before I changed and after I changed into this... thing that I am.

Well, if I'm going to hell I'll certainly make sure I bring Caen down with me. No matter the cost.

"Are you ready to hear what she has to say?"

As the beautiful blonde strolled into the center of the rallied Vampires, she grinned. I watched every male there as awe lit up their features. She was the most beautiful creature I've ever seen... but she was the most vile, malicious, and wicked vampire to ever walk the earth.