We Dont Talk Anymore (Modern Au: Shay Cormac x Reader)

Warnings: Angst; slight Jealousy; Fluff

Word Count: 2526 words.

A/N: I love when there's logical Angst and i love stories where the male assassin is jealous, or the reader gets jealous over the assassin. I figured I'd throw a curve ball and do a bit of both, and then well deserved fluff for you aching hearts. I hope you enjoy!

With love,
Fignewtons

---

When you saw him in a compromising position, it just about broke your heart. You and Shay Cormac were best friends. Often times, either one showed up at the other's house and invite themselves in while eating the food in the fridge. That was the level of friendship you both had. It was great too, because usually you or he waited for you or him to get off of work so you could both relax and talk about your days.

Lately, you had been told he was busy, and that he couldn't hang out with you. The level of friendship turned to one where he thought of you as a little sister, ruffling your hair and apologetically smiling while the Irish accent came out and told you that you would hang out sometime soon; promised even.

And the reason why you were suddenly at Shay's house? You had an awful time at your part-time job, only to end up fired because you had simply asked your crazy boss a question and she thought you had attitude, and then your car decided to break down. Then, it started to rain and Shay was the closest.

His eyes were wide, head tilted over his shoulder and the female below him you recognized as Hope. You had met her once or twice before, and had the vibe she didn't really even like you. It was mutual though, you never did like her either. So seeing the man you had a crush on, positioned with himself between her legs and both with their clothes strewn about the room, made you finally break down. You didn't even wait, turning around back the way you came and you just ran down the water covered sidewalk.

By the time you reached home, it was jammed, and the sky was growing darker. Your clothes were soaking wet, and your heart ached for someone to hold onto. Lone behold, someone pulled up. The car was vaguely familiar, but the person stepping out was definitely someone you knew. It was Liam O'Brien. He was also Shay's best friend, and was close to you only because of the other Irishman. He stepped out from his vehicle, closing the door and scurrying over to you.

"Hey Lass... what're you doin out here?" He breathed, gently scooping you into his strong body and letting you clutch onto him like a baby bear cub to its mother.

"Its jammed," you sniffed, face hiding into the crook of his neck. He simply turned one shoulder and gently shoved the door open, stepping inside and soon setting you down onto hardwood flooring. You were sopping wet, dripping everywhere and clothes acting like an outter layer of skin while he turned slightly and beeped his vehicle locked. Closing the door behind him, you let him guide you to your bathroom. It was large and grand, a bathtub in the far right corner with a window sitting right above it and a shower to the left, with glass doors and a granite walls and draining floor. There was a closet there too, Liam carefully stepping into the carpetted area and returning with a towel to gently dry your hair.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked after he let the silence wear on.

You were thankful he decided to speak. It made you die inside when he didnt. "I lost my job today. It was already goin bad... Several customers were yelling at me because I apparently gave them the wrong order when it was exactly what they ordered.. and i got fired all because i asked a question but was told i had attitude... on my way home my car broke down, and Shay's house was the closest so..."