1.14 - The Accident

Start from the beginning

I stopped in the middle of the room frowing as I heard some cracking voice. I looked around the room but nothing seem doubtful. I shook my head think it was just my imagination and was about to walk when my phone started ringing. I pulled my phone out of my purse. A private number flashed across my phone. I frowned and thought who would call me from a private number?

I answered the call.

"Hello?" My voice boomed around the empty house. Getting no reply from the other side I repeated "Hello?"

Still no reply. I was about to cut the call but stopped as I heard someone breathing on the other side. "Hello?" I asked again. Still no reply except that breathing sound.

"Goodbye" a soft feminine but slightly familiar voice said and before I could recognise or think who it was Ian shouted my name from the other side of the room. I turned around and saw him running towards me in full speed. Before I could ask him anything he pushed me out of the way and sheilded me as glass crashing on the ground echoed in my ears.

I closed my eyes tightly and let Ian hold me.

Slowly I opened my eyes and Ian pulled us up. His eyes roaming my full body searching for any damage.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes" I said with shaky voice. Ian looked behind his shoulder and saw the chandelier that hung in between now crashed in the floor in hundred pieces.

Everyone came bursting through the door and looked around. When their eyes landed on the chandelier on the floor and then swiftly at me and Ian.

"Are you okay?" Emily asked me. I nodded as a yes. A wet sensation under my palm made me look at my hand that rested on Ian's hand and saw blood oozing out underneath my palm. I quickly removed it and saw a piece of glass pierced throught his skin. I gasped at that nasty wound.

Ian looked at his hand and the emotional face returned covering up the concern he had few seconds ago.

"Turn" I commanded, leaving no place to argue and swiftly made him turn which would have been impossible if he wouldn't have allowed me to.

I gasped again as I saw his white shirt stained with red marks hear and there as glass peices pierced his back and some of it in his hand.

"Are you okay?" Dad asked from other side of the room seeing as his way was blocked by pieces of glasses fallen here and there.

"Yes dad" I replied.

"You guys go back to the car. We'll be there shortly" I said to which he nodded and took all of them to the car.

"You, come with me" I pulled Ian in my room and made him sit on my bed. I was still a bit shaky from the accident but for now I kept that thoughts away. I removed the medical kit from my bathroom drawer that always has been there and walked back in the room.

"Remove your shirt" I said. Ian snapped his head at my direction with raised brows.

I showed him the kit and told him to do as told. He obliged and cringed as it became difficult for him to move his arm. I kept the medical kit aside and stopped his hand that reached to undo his button.

I gulped and started unbuttoning his shirt myself. My hands brushing past his toned shoulders to remove his shirt. Still his body making me go giddy as it did the time I first saw him in his towel.

His body was stiff under my touch making me question does he feel the same spark whenever our skin come in contact or is it just me?

I started to remove the glass pieces with the tweezer. Only our breathing and his often cussing whenever it pains him were the sound in my room. I started applying some alcohol wipes, cringing as I saw him gripping the white comforter on my bed in pain.

I decided to distract him. Maybe that will help.

"Thankyou for saving me" I said.

"No need. I acted as an instinct" he replied.

I nodded in understanding.

I quickly bandaged every wound and threw the tweezer and the glass pieces with other waste in the bin.

I washed my hands and walked back in the room to find Ian gone.

I sighed heavily and walked out of the room.

******

Your views on this chapter??

Did you like it?

Big question : Did the chandelier fall itself or is someone trying to kill Alison?