Chapter 13

A month ago, I never would have found myself thinking recovery was the best option. A month ago, I thought bingeing and purging was the only way I could ever be happy.

I never thought I would see the day where I was excited to recover. I wanted to recover to enjoy the small things in life. I wanted to be able to be happy no matter what was going on around me, or how much food I'd eaten that day.

At the end of the day, we needed food to survive. I shouldn't feel guilty for eating, although, I always ate a bit too much, perhaps. The only difference is that now I can learn to eat normally.

It felt so much better to face the real issues that were eating me. It was like I was shedding into a new me. My depression was slowly getting better and the urge to binge and purge started to become less and less often.

I was really starting to live and be happy, and that was a good thing. 

Vic was visiting me today. He visits every Saturday afternoon, for an hour.

I was walked to one of the visiting rooms by one of the nurses. They let me in and then they closed the door and sat outside, waiting for our visit to be up.

"Kell," Vic said, looking at me with a wide grin.

"Hm?" I looked at him, trying to hold back my smile.

"You look so, so good. You look.. happy."

"I am, Vic, I'm very happy. I'm glad you made me come here." I said to him.

He sighed, happily, embracing me close to him. "I love you," he said, planting a kiss on my temple.

"I love you too, Vic." My heart sped up. Everytime he told me he loved me I always got way too happy and excited.

"What's it like in here then, huh?" He asked me.

"Well.. My therapist is cool, she's real helpful. I have a nutritionist who comes once every week and group therapy. Some of the people are cool and others I just can't stand to be around for more than five minutes." I answered truthfully, chuckling.

"Yeah? Well at least it's not completely terrible," he smiled.

"Yeah," I nodded in agreement. "However the food is another story.. It's kinda repulsing.. It's like jail food here." I laughed.

"Well, just another month or two and I'll be making your favorite for your return home." He stated. My eyes sent wide.

Did he really care that much? That he'd go out of his way to make my favorite meal for the night I returned home? I really couldn't ever ask for a better boyfriend. This was one of the many reasons I fell so hard for Vic; just the things that he does and the things he says.

He really knows his way into my heart.

The rest of the hour passed with us making casual small talk, and him asking me questions.

It wasn't bad though, it was more fun than half of the stuff I could do on the ward.

I looked up when my nurse came in, an apologetic look plastered to her face. "Times up, Kells." She said to me. "Wrap it up."

I nodded, "Okay, thanks Tay."

She nodded before backing out of the room. With that, me and Vic both stood and he wrapped his arms around me tightly and kissed me on the lips.

"Be good, Kells." He warned me.

"I will," I smiled at him. "No worries." I assured him.

"Good, and no stunts either. You go in there and really get the help you need. I love you, Kell and I just want you to be happy and love yourself."