Chapter 7

It had been a week since I was released from the hospital. Vic wasn't speaking to me at all anymore, which only made me feel worse, but recently I've been pretending everything is fine and dandy, but in reality they weren't. I hated myself and I was not in control of my emotions unless I was in front of people. I isolated myself mostly because I was a mess. I only ever went out to the concerts and meet n greets. When the guys went out to have fun, I usually stayed behind.

Most of the guys were quieter around me after that, and I didn't like it. I didn't want them to look at me as what I did. I didn't want to be known as suicidal. Luckily, it didn't get out to the press, so no one else really knew about it.

We were getting ready for a meet n greet, upon completing the concert for tonight in Fresno.

I sat at the long table with the rest of the guys, as well as the guys from Pierce the Veil.

There were a lot of fans who came to us and thanked us for helping them through the hard times they've been through, but there was one boy in particular who stuck out to me.

He was really, really skinny. Even if I wasn't bulimic, this boy still would have stuck out. He looked like he hadn't eaten in months, he was way to skinny. I could see it in his lifeless eyes that he was pretending he was okay, and I felt bad. I wished there was something I could do that would make him feel better.

I watched him as he came down the line through the other guys, and then he got to me.

"Hey.." He said, sounding hesitant. I hope he didn't realize I was looking at him. I hope he didn't see me staring.

"Hi," I smiled warmly at him, although the smile was forced. It was pretty rare for me to flash a genuine smile. "How are you?" I asked him.

"I'm good.." He started, looking like he was thinking before he continued to speak. "I'm Hayden, and.. I'm really thankful I get to meet you today. Can you sign my hat?" He asked me.

"Of course," I nodded and signed it, along with the other signatures the guys put on it. I handed it back to him. "Hey," I said, recapturing the boys attention. "You're awfully small."

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah. When's the last time you ate?" I asked him. He looked uncomfortable at my interrogating.

"Hm, I dunno." He said, timidly. "A bit ago?" He answered. It was bullshit though.

"Okay, I'm going to ask you again, Hayden. But this time, I want you to tell me the truth. When's the last time you ate?"

He sighed, "A few days ago.." He mumbled. I nodded, it was as I suspected.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked him. I knew how it went.

"Like..?"

"I want you to go home and eat something, even if it's something small, like an apple or a banana. Take care of yourself, because I know even though it's tough, that you're worth more than your sickness. I care about you, Hayden." I said.

"I.. But-"

"No buts." I interrupted him.

"Okay." He nodded, "I promise." He said before he went off to Gabe.

I met with so many more people that day, and I enjoyed meeting each and everyone. So many of them left me inspired to continue doing what I was doing, and that was why I did what I did.

My fans were the reason I continued to tour and make music. They were the reason I continue to live and push forward. They were the reason I got out of bed in the morning, and I was forever thankful for them.

After the meet n greet, Vic suggested that we all go mini golfing. I couldn't say no, I had been isolating myself too much lately and I didn't want them to think I was going to try anything stupid again.

We were all on our way to Boomers, a near by amusement center. It had mini-golf, go karts, bumper boats and arcade games. I was actually pretty excited, when we got there I got out of the bus with the guys.

"This is gonna be so lit." I said.

"Lit??" Gabe questioned me.

"Don't judge me, it's a fun word," I whined. We all started walking toward the entrance when em the rest of the guys who came were getting off the bus.

Vic walked up to the window and paid for his bracelet, I paid for mine, the rest of the guys following suit before we walked inside. We unfortunately had to pay for mini-golf separate from the rest of the package deal to do anything, and of course the arcade games would cost as well. Fortunately, I had money to throw around sometimes, and I had it to carelessly spend as today went by.

We all got our golf clubs and balls, walking to the first hole. The air was fresh and relaxing, as the hot sun beat down on us. It wasn't too hot though, it was comfortable. This was the kind of weather I enjoyed. I didn't like the cold, which was why I moved from Michigan to San Diego in the first place. Before I knew it, it was time to go home.

The day went by pretty quickly, they say time flies when you're having fun. We played golf, arcade games, and we did all the other activities that were included in the package, and afterward, we found ourselves at a Mexican restaurant, because Tony and Mike wanted burritos.

I sat beside Vic, who, finally started to talk to me some more over the course of the day. It took some time but everyone finally got over what I had done, and we're starting to treat me normally once again. That was all I wanted, all I could ask for.

After we all ate, I made my way to the bathroom, and I did my thing, before meeting back up with the band outside at the busses. 

The next stop was Albuquerque, New Mexico, and we were in Tucson, Arizona, so the next 6 and a half hours were spend driving to our next destination.