Chapter 3

There is an unsaid rule of the universe, whenever you want to do something, all the odds would go against you. Ayesha realised this the next morning when she woke up late. She expected to reach at his home by 8 but she woke up at 7:30. The sun was already blazing and its rays radiated Ayesha's fair skin tone. The sweltering heat in the room forced her to get up. She took a glance at the wall clock, and jumped out of her bed. She did the routine jobs with the speed of light. She then shoved off the clothes in her suitcase, as she had no time left to properly arrange them and rushed off to get into the taxi.
**********

It was nearly 45 minutes till she reached his doorstep after searching the area and roamed around taking a note of surroundings. By seeing the architecture she got an idea that it was an old bungalow, keeping all the traditional styles alive. It had a white paint done all over it with the grills and the gate being painted with black. The vegetation growing outside was unkempt, giving a dreary look.

She rang the doorbell, but no answer. She rang again, but to no avail. She decided to call him, but his phone was switched off. This infuriated her and she thought' Why the heck has he kept a phone if he had to switch it off? It seems when the world will end only then this guy would open it. Please open it, I am already profusely sweating.' She decided to continue anyways and rang three bells in quick succession. Hopefully this time, a bespectacled man wearing black T-shirt and a grey lower emerged at the doorstep.

Sujay half woke up at the continuous sound of the doorbell. His hair were tousled, and his face was weary. 'Who has came here at this hour to disturb my sleep?' He muttered to himself. Keeping all those thoughts aside, he wore his glasses and opened the door.

He rolled his eyes and looked at her. She had worn a black long kurta, with a white flower embroidery covering the bust. The same embroidery covered the back, with a white lacy border covering the bottom. She had paired it with a white Palazzo. The dupatta hung on her right shoulder. She was very fair, with a pinkish contour on her cheek. She had acne scars on her face, which showed that she hadn't done any makeup. Her round eyes didn't even have kohl, still she looked beautiful and radiant. She had the perfect silhouette, worth vouching for.

She was perfect, the kind of girl he wanted to have, the girl who could sweep him off his feet, the girl he could proudly introduce to the world as his. His sleep just evaporated like water spilled on floor in hot weather. He continuously stared at her, until her voice interrupted him.

At First Sight

There she stood, before my eyes
Her radiance illuminating
The deep and sharpest ends
Of my dark soul

She is a surreal poetry
Her every eloquent feature
Becoming the words of the poem
Waking me up from years of sleep

The ocean of her eyes
So tranquil, so serene
I want to delve deep in them
And never come back again

Her lips curled into a smile
More beautiful than a blooming rose
Kissing them with passion
Becomes now my ardent dream

Her perfectly carved silhouette
Enchants me, entices me
To erase all the distances between us
And unravel all her mysteries

While she articulated
I was lost in fabricating
The castles of fantasy with her
As the future companion in the ship of life

This heat of emotions
Was never experienced,
This blazing fire of passion inside me
Was never felt before

She is an exquisite artistry
I want to behold
In my eyes and heart forever.
And never let it go.

"Hey Mr, why are you ogling at me like that? Haven't you seen a girl ever?",she retorted, frustration evident in her voice. Her voice brought Sujay back from his dreamy world and he was embarrassed at his action. 'Not a good first impression',he thought.

"Umm...I am really sorry. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Actually I was sleeping and so I couldn't open the door at the first go and when I was saw you there I was shocked." He started blabbering. Deep down he was really embarrassed at his behaviour and hid it by talking glibly. "Leave all this and please come inside",he requested.

Quite contrary to her thinking, the interior of his house was really modern. The living room was dimly lit, giving a soothing effect to eyes. She sank down at the comfortable off-white sofa, keeping her watch at the round center table. There was a wooden cabinet behind the sofa at which all the showpiece were kept. A 60 inch LED TV was hung at the front wall, painted in a cream colour. She was quite impressed with the grandeur that it exhibited.

He went away from her sight to bring in water and refreshments. She was so engrossed in her thoughts about him that she failed to notice that he was not there.

From the corner of her eye, she had been eyeing Sujay. Like him, she had been charmed by his personality. He was definitely handsome, with a cute smile in his face being the cherry on the cake. His grey eyes were the highlight, and looked sexy according to Ayesha. He was muscular and had great fitness levels, but was not buff.

"Nice house. You have maintained it quite well."She complimented him as he kept the glass of water and the other snacks on the table.

"Thank you so much. Finally my hardwork on Sunday is paid off by your compliment." He said.

She laughed a bit. There was an enigmatic beauty in her laugh which he wanted to capture in his mind like a camera. Then she questioned," Don't you have servants to do all the maintenance?"

"My schedule is pretty erratic. I mostly have long work hours and then emergencies also prop up time to time, so I can't really hire a maid. I do all by myself on Sundays." He answered.

"If I had been in your place, I would just decently sleep all day, instead of doing anything for even myself. If you see my closet, you would find it messed up, with clothes coming out and everytime I open it I have to shove some of them back",she said, smiling.

"My closet is messed up too. My belief is that keep everything good from outside, because people only the see the exterior, no one will see inside the closet." He said.

"Same goes for the human nature. Everyone just looks at the shells, no one tries to see inside the covering." Ayesha said.

They continued to talk for a long time, enjoying each other's company. This was the emergence of what we call, a budding friendship.