Chapter 38

So y'all know that I haven't updated in forever, but I'm going to go ahead and finish this book. This is just a filler chapter, I need to get back into the feel of this book so bare with me during this chapter :( 😭 I love y'all.

Don't BE UPSET WITH ME Y'ALL

Karlie Reynolds

After the funeral for Sed, Mackenzie's family had a party celebrating his home going. It was good so that the downside of the situation wouldn't be on your mind, you could just think about the fact that they are in a better place.

I could tell Mackenzie was getting annoyed with everyone wanting to hold or look at Miyoko, just as I was about to approach her I noticed Cj who I cheated on Pierre with.

He walked up to me after he realized my staring. "Hey miss thang."

I rolled my eyes. "My boyfriend is here."

He nodded and looked around. "How'd you know Sed?"

"He's my best friend's cousin and ex boyfriend's cousin." I shrugged.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Who?"

"Best friend's name is Mackenzie, ex is Dylan."

He took a step back and looked at me before laughing. "Dead ass?" I raised my eyebrows and nodded.

"Woah. The town is small. Mackenzie is my lil baby and I'm still convinced Ima marry her regardless of Bryson even though he cool. I been crushing on her since elementary. Dylan like my big brother this is wild crazy." He said.

Mackenzie walked up. "Carter why you bothering my friend?"

Carter smiled and shrugged before walking off. "Ugh."

"What? He tried to talk to you?" She asked.

I bit my bottom lip. "We already talked that's who I cheated on P with oh my gosh."

Her eyes widened and she looked back at Carter. "Lord Karlie, you gotta do better. At least cheat with somebody distant."

"I didn't know."

"Well of course. Hold baby for me I need to go to the restroom." She gently handed me a sleeping Miyoko before walking away.

I held the baby and stared at her as I looked around. Everyone was pretty much having a good time, Duke was the most depressed, he wouldn't talk to anyone but Dylan. He sat in a chair and just fiddled with his tie that he had took from around his neck. I wanted to make sure he was okay but I didn't need him to start getting angry again or start crying.

With me being Karlie, I went and took a seat next to him anyway. "Hey Duke."

"Hey." He responded. He looked at Miyoko and pinched her cheek. "She so pretty it's crazy." He smiled a little bit.

"I never noticed you had dimples." I tried to make conversation.

Duke laughed. "Yeah... Sed had them too, we get them from our grandpa. Now we have two angels. Grandpa and Sed."

I nodded. "And I know they're watching over you. Sed is gonna be proud when you make it into the league. Y'all will meet again."