Chapter 34

Mackenzie Brooks

It was early in the morning. My phone ringing. "Hello?" I answered without looking at the contact.

"Mackenzie, I know you sleep but I know you want to be where I'm about to take you." Carter spoke into the phone.

I sighed and sat up. "What? It's not Bryson right? Is he okay?" I grew worried.

"Remember what I told you? You didn't get to tell him?" He asked.

"No... Don't tell me..." I said.

He sighed. "Yes."

I shook my head. "I'll get dressed."

"He been sitting in there for a while so. He's at court now." Carter said. "They gave him a court date pretty fast. I would've warned you but I ain't know."

Today I made nine months and this shit happens.

•••••

I sat in the backseat feeding carter's son as he drove. He dead ass have a kid. But Bryson was the only thing on my mind. "I just don't believe this."

"You need me to talk to him? So he can get his act right?" Carter asked.

"No... Ima talk to him." I said.

When we got to the court he looked at me. "So you only have your phone?"

"Yeah, I know I can't take it in there. Here. Don't answer for anyone." I passed him my phone. "See you later little Cart." I tickled the baby.

I got out of the car. "You know where it's at right?"

"Yeah."

What I was hoping, is that my dad or chase didn't know about what happened. I'm really praying. I made my way to the room Bryson would be in. I took a seat in the back.

We made eye contact and he looked shocked.

I always hated court because it's so long and boring. Plus you never know if you're going to get a nasty judge or not.

"Bryson Tiller." She spoke. It was his turn now.

"Oh god." I muttered.

"Possession of marijuana... No intention to sell." The judge read through. "Only three grams?"

"Your honor it is not the fact that he only had three grams. There was indeed an intention to sell. Cocaine residue in his pockets which means he had already sold the cocaine." The prosecutor said.

"Okay... Where's the evidence?" The judge asked.

The prosecutor looked back then back at the judge. "The evidence should be present."

"The evidence is not present. Mr. Tiller I'm going to give you a warning, If you're caught again you will get a sentence. You got lucky. I'm dropping the charges and throwing his case out." He said.

Thank you Jesus. I did a sigh of relief.

•••••

They were going to release Bryson. I went outside and waited for him to come out.

When he came out finally I walked up to him. "Where are you about to go?"

"Why you came here? I gotta get back to my car, I gotta meet up with Joshua." He said.

"This isn't you! This isn't-this isn't the Bryson I know! Why are you doing this?" I started tearing up. The fact that he just got blessed and doesn't even care.