Chapter 10

Bryson Tiller

I took the pizza out of the oven and gave it to the girl that was waiting at the register. "I'm a dollar off."

"It's alright." I shrugged and used one of my dollars. I know what it was like to be in that position.

She smiled. "Thank you. I appreciate it."

"No problem." I nodded. She stood there like she was waiting on me to say something else. "I have to take my next customer."

"Oh yeah... Right." She walked off.

I shook my head and continued to take the last orders of my shift. This was the first day I had where my shift ended early and I didn't know what I was gonna do with the rest of my day.

Once I clocked out I went home. My grandma was resting and Eric was just up eating. "Joshua came by looking for you."

"For real, why?" I asked sitting at the table.

"Ion know. He just told me to tell you that." He said.

I got up from the table and went to my room to find changing clothes before taking a shower. I was gonna walk over to Joshua's crib to see what was up.

•••••

As I walked I had my earphones in, I ain't feel like communicating with anyone. That's how it was most of the time.

When I got to Joshua's house I knocked on the door and made a beat. "I should've known it was you." He said when he opened the door.

"Of course nigga. Aye you came to the crib today?" I asked getting straight to the point.

"Oh yeah. Hold up." He went back in his house. Moments later he came back out with two tickets in his hands. "Star Wars. Today. This dude I know reserved a theater and told me I could give these to anyone if I didn't wanna go. He just reserved it to watch the movie so it don't matter if y'all know each other."

"Damn man, I appreciate it. Me and Eric can go." I took the tickets.

He nodded. "Hell yeah. Hit me up later though." We slapped hands and I went back home.

"Guess what I got." I told Eric.

He stared at me blankly. "What?"

"Guess first." I said.

"I don't know. I don't like guessing."

I laughed. "Exclusive Star Wars tickets for us bro."

"I seen it bro. With my friends." He got up and walked away.

"When?!" I yelled.

"Shut up!" Grandma yelled.

He was starting to do a lot of shit without me. Yeah I was jealous. I stared at the tickets thinking of who I could possibly go with. Then Mackenzie came to mind. We haven't spoke since the lil incident on her birthday.

I don't know, shit just kept happening like that. We'll talk, hang out, then not talk, and repeat. It was some odd shit but it was new to me and I was feeling it. We could hang and be cool when we do see each other. But didn't demand to talk to each other nonstop.

Mackenzie Brooks

"You sure you're full?" I asked my mom. I'd been here at the hospital these past two days with her. It was Monday, the first day of Christmas break.

"Yes baby I'm full, thank you." She replied.

I sat in the chair next to her bed and checked my phone. I only had messages from Karlie and Pierre. We were all in a group chat.