Chapter 19

Bryson Tiller

"Aye get up." I shook Mackenzie.

She opened her eyes and mugged me. "Why you bothering me on a Saturday?"

"That's why I'm bothering you, cause you don't need to lay around and be lazy. Plus you know you're not supposed to be here. We gotta be gone before my grandma get back from the grocery store." I sat on the edge of the bed.

"It's so funny that we so smooth and she ain't find out yet." Eric sat in the bed drawing.

"I know... I gotta go home soon." Mackenzie sat up in the bed.

"What you wanna do today?" I asked her.

She shrugged. "I don't care, we don't have to do anything extra."

"Walk with me real quick." I told her.

"I gotta brush my teeth, shower, get dressed." She yawned as she stood and stretched.

"Well hurry yo ass up." I slapped her ass.

"Ima act like I ain't see that." Eric mumbled.

She went in her bag to get everything she needed and left the room.

"She gonna be so upset Monday." Eric laughed.

"I know, ion really care. She better appreciate that shit." I said. I knew she couldn't hear what we were talking about cause she was in the shower.

He sat up. "She gone appreciate it but she gone be like 'oh my god bryson all these people looking at me.'" He imitated her voice.

I laughed. "You right." I didn't have anything technically big planned for her for Valentine's Day, cause I don't like attention like that either, but people were gonna watch and I know that. They're nosey.

She got out of the shower and we walked over to Joshua's house. I knocked on the door a couple of times. "It's hot as hell out here." Mackenzie fanned herself.

I laughed. "You can get something to drink out of here."

The door opened and his dog came out before him. "Dino." He whistled calling the dog back to him. "Wassup Bryson? Mackenzie?" He put the collar on the dog.

"Was just about to chill over here for a minute." I said.

"You about to walk the dog?" Mackenzie asked. She kneeled down and started rubbing it.

"Yeah."

"Let me. I'll walk him." She took the leash.

"Mackenzie you sure you can handle him?" I asked.

She nodded and started walking. "I love dogs, my brother has dogs like this."

"This one straight from the hood though." Joshua laughed.

"You saying he bite?" She asked. Joshua shook his head. "Alright then."

"So you like cats too?" I asked.

She mugged me. "I hate cats. Only cats I like is tigers and lions."

"Whatt? You backwards." I laughed. She shot a bird and continued down the street with the dog.

"Bro ion want no beef... You know who in the house right?" Joshua asked once Mackenzie was far.

"Who? Man Ariana?" I asked.

He nodded quickly. "And if she come outside you got a problem."

"When she come back, take the dog and make up a lie or some shit. I don't know." I said. Ariana was not only my ex but also his cousin.