Zero

Dana PoV

Dana PoV

I glanced up from the book in my hands, a loud bang outside catching my attention. Watching Sebastian continue lying on the sleeping bag and staring at the ceiling, I decided he either didn't hear the noise or chose to ignore it. I stretched my leg across towards him and his shin, "You think they're back?" I asked, he slowly sat up and we both stayed silent for a second as we listened through the thin material - neither of us wanting to go outside. I folded down the page of my book, closed it and placed it down on my sleeping bag. "Me and Louis were talking about leaving - when he gets back from the run," I whispered, worried about people outside listening in and Seb's reaction.

"Why? We have everything we need here." He knitted his eyebrows together, picking up his bottle of water from the floor and taking a sip.

I sighed and crossed my legs, "They aren't good people. The only one I can trust is Michonne, and Andre obviously. But, her boyfriend and his mate-" I paused, the bright glow of orange light showing through the tent material distracting me.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked, waving his hand in my line of vision. I snapped out of my slight daze and blinked a couple of times. That's when the hair-raising screams sounded. We both shot upright; panicked.

I undid the zip and peeled open the tent door, instantly regretting it as grey smoke poured into the tent. I cursed under my breath and tugged the zip back up to the top. "Grab your bag," I breathed, trying to stay as calm as possible. Seb opened his mouth slightly like he was about to argue with me, "Now, Seb." He nodded and grabbed his rucksack from the floor. Holding the bottom of my shirt up to cover my mouth and nose, I began helping Seb stuff things in our bags. He chucked my bag towards me and I grabbed a handful of my clothes from the corner as well as tampons and shoved them all in the bag. Snatching a handful of stale protein bars and tins of food, I stuffed them in too with a few half fill water bottles. Grabbing my black denim jacket from the floor, I quickly put it on while he continued filling his backpack. The flames roared outside our tent. Quickly, I darted to Louis' side of the tent and began sifting through a pile of clothes until I felt the cold pistol beneath the heavy material. Breathing a deep sigh of relief, I loaded the Glock 17 and handed it to Sebastian with half box of ammo.

"No," He stated blankly, pushing my hand away.

"Take the gun," I ordered impatiently, gritting my teeth and pushing the gun in his direction.

He slotted his knife into his belt and shook his head, "I don't want to," He argued.

"You don't have a choice," I spat, he huffed and reluctantly took it from my hands.

"Que te folle un pez," He muttered under his breath. I arched an eyebrow at him but decided to ignore his immature comment. Grabbing a loaded Glock 30, I slotted it into my belt and stood back up - holding one of Louis' shirts up to my face to protect me from the smoke that still poured into the tent. I threw my rucksack over my shoulder as Sebastian frantically unzipped the tent and darted out into the panic.