12

Home. Home is where the heart is.

I've lived in this house ever since I was little, I would spend my summers outside sitting on the steps of my porch.

I'd have my barbies with me, I'd make sure my barbie's hair were all tidy and clean. Id have both of them sitting beside each other.

Each morning, after my mom made me pancakes which were big as my face, I would grab my dollies and skip outside.

The night before, I'd prepare what I was about to wear tomorrow. Generally, it consisted of a white dress and black shoes with white socks. I always had my hair in two long ponytails as well.

Just before I would go out to the steps, dad would always compliment me.

He would always find something to compliment me on, I was such a daddy's girl when I was younger.

Each morning at around 11am, my front door neighbor would exit his house and wave goodbye to me as he headed to work.

The only thing I remember of him, was that he was really tall and always carried heaps of paper in his right arm and hot coffee on his left.

I remember one day, he approached me because one of my barbies had gotten lost. He crossed the street and came up to me slowly.

"Hello, angel." He said.

I didnt say anything. I never said anything. I was very much of a quiet and shy child.

"I think I have something for you." He said.

I just looked at him nervously.

"Here. I found it in front of your steps one night." He said as he handed me my lost Malibu Barbie doll.

which to be precise, my Malibu barbie had jet black hair that was cut into a bob style and wore a red skirt and blouse. Around her neck lay an arrangement necklace made of pearls which matched her pearly white heels.

I gave him a small smile in return and quickly snatched it from him. He just chuckled in response.

"Thanks, mishter." I said quietly hoping he wouldn't hear my lisp.

"Anytime, love." He said as he ascended back to his house.

A sudden feeling hit me. My 5 year old heart began to skip a beat. I just shook it off and continued to play with my dolls.

When I turned 16, I continued my habitual routine of sitting outside on my porch except this time I had books instead of dolls in my hand.

As usual, I wore my white dress and black flats but got rid of my silly ponytails and exchanged them with a one a fishtail braid instead.

I remember reading The Great Gatsby and day-dreaming over Mr.Gatsby.

My 16 year old heart was infatuated with him.

Everything I wanted in a man, Mr.Gatsby had.

Surprisingly, my front door neighbor hadnt come out of his house for many years. I knew he was still there, because at times, I'd catch him entering the house. Although, I never caught a glimpse of his face.

When I finally graduated high school, the last thing I did before going to college, was to sit on those steps one last time.

I did. But it felt different this time. I began reminiscing of all the memories I had on those steps. Slowly yet surely my hapinness and pureness drained away.

I was now a depressed and sad 18 year old wishing she could go back in time and relive those moments.

Just one last time.
.

.

.

"Ariana!"

"Ariana, wake up!"

My eyes shot back to reality as I heard both my parents yelling my name.

I came down the stairs still in my pjs and messy bed hair.

"Yes?" I asked groggily.

"What is this?" asked my father.

"What's what?" I asked again. This time I began to really see what was in front of me.

"That! What is that?!" my mother raised her voice.

"I dont know. Bags of stuff." I shot back but This time with more sass.

"Watch your tone. Now, tell me the truth. Who got you all of this? You're mother and I both didnt go shopping last night. So, it only leaves you. Who got you this?" my father insisted with more strictness and seriousness in his voice.

They were bags and bags of designer brands, Including a large bouquet of flowers.

Harry.

My father grabbed my arm in a rude manner.

"Who brought you all of this shit?!" he yelled.

Harry.

Oh, Harry! What have you done?!

.

.

.

AN: just a quick update. Hope y'all enjoyed.