"Thanks, and I'm not lazy I'm just work shy" she said.

He let out a laugh shaking his head "Your hair is so beautiful, I like it"

"Oh yeah? Well that makes the two of us" she said dragging a hand through her hair. He rolled her eyes at how vain she was being.

She went into the walk in closet changing into the shirt which reached up to her mid thigh grabbing the longest hijab she had, which luckily was at the top in her suitcase. She wore it, walking out of the closet.

He had already taken out the praying mats, spreading them. "Let's pray the nawaafil, OK?" He said standing on one of the mats.

"Sure" she said getting on the other one that was slightly behind his.

They prayed the sunnah nawaafil before he turned to her sitting cross-legged, he dragged her hijab back a little before placing a hand to her forehead, he whispered some du'a before retracting his hand back.

"So..." She said.

"Uhmm.." He said and they both chuckled at the awkward moment.

"I'm sorry" he said and she furrowed her eyebrows confused. "You had to leave your house for me" he said answering her unsaid question. "I know this marriage was not what we all wanted nor was it when we wanted it, but I'm still going to repeat what I told you before. We should try and make this work, not for Hajiya Iya, not for anybody but for us, for our own happiness. Because God knows this is a lifelong commitment, so why not make it worth while. I know I might not be husband material, but I promise to try and be the right one for you. I know you aren't actually ready for any type of uhm.. relationship and I actually respect that about you. So well take it slowly, one step at a time." He said.

"Thank you for understanding me even when I didn't have to voice it out. I promised I was going to make it work and I'm not about to back off of it, and yeah we'll take it one at time" she said smiling.

"Of course" he smiled as he got up, "have you eaten?" He asked.

"I'm not hungry" she declined.

"Are you sure? Because you look like you could use some food" he asked.

"Is this your way of saying I'm too skinny?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

"No.. I- I mean.. I just thought..." He stuttered as he tried to object.

"Don't worry, I was just teasing you" she said laughing at how flustered he looked.

"You're such a tease" he shook his head heading to the bed.

"Of course. I'm me and you damn as hell are lucky" she said, rather smugly.

"And you're vain too" he said as he sat on the bed under the cover leaning on the headboard for support.

"What's wrong with a little bit of self love?" She said rolling her eyes too.

"More like much" he said rolling his eyes too. She made her way to the bed still wearing the hijab, she had made up her mind to sleep with it since she had only his shirt on, and she wasn't OK with him seeing her like that.

She carried some the many pillows that were on the bed laying them on the middle as a boundary.

He looked at her questioningly, raising an eyebrow.

"What?" She asked.

"What the hell is this" he asked gesturing to the pillows.

"Its supposed to be like a boundary line"

"No shit Sherlock" he said sarcastically, "you mean to say that I need pillows to remind me of my boundary. What are we teenagers?" He said with a frown. It actually sounded stupid when he said it that way.

"OK now I accept that it actually sounded stupid, so can you stop frowning?" She teased him as she got under the covers. She was still wearing the hijab, she had made up her mind to sleep with it since she had only his shirt on, and she wasn't OK with him seeing her like that.

"Oh god" he said, running a hand over his face.

"What now?" She said facing him.

"Are you sleeping with your hijab on?" He asked gesturing to the hijab.

"Yes, because I'm not wearing anything modest inside" she said.

"But I'm your husband, and it's halal" he said the side of his eyes wrinkling in confusion.

"Yeah but I'm not comfortable with that. Let's take it one at a time, that's what we promised right? Slow and steady wins the race" she told him softly.

"OK, but I'm not OK with this stupid pillows" he said throwing them to the floor as she laughed. He dragged her closer making her squeak, he wrapped his arms around her.

"I don't think anything was said about you having a cuddle partner during our marriage" she teased him.

"Oh, but it is" he whispered dangerously close to her ears. Loving the shivers that went through her spine at his voice.

•••

Allo,
How una dey?
Is this chapter 👍 or👎.
Sha don't blame me, it's not like I have any idea on how it's done, eh? But I personally think this chapter wasn't really good, but well.. It's whatever.

But look at the bright side, I updated with just a day in between. Give me a big round of applause.

But guys please don't ask me for updates anytime soon because, well exams is starting and I'll be busy till the end of this month, my sister's getting married too 💃💃💃💃
So don't expect any update until April, maybe if I'm bored I'll update, If not 😂😂😂

Random question: your favorite movie?

Random: guys I'm in love with pilots 😫😫😫😭

Vote,
Comment,
Share
And love me always ❤😂😂

With soyayya,
AmatullahAG ❤️