| Contest 9 |

This theme might be a bit boring for you guys since its rather typical, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!

Update on my collage application to art school: I got accepted!!!! *happy dance*

I'm soooooo relieved, you guys have no idea. Thank you to all the lovelies who expressed the hope that I would be accepted! Not only was I accepted but I got a big scholarship and a grant, which I was NOT expecting. So thank you, I have no doubt that the good vibes you guys sent me helped, I sure don't know what I did lol. Good luck to all you other lovelies who applying to collages! I'm sending my best wishes that you get accepted to your dream school and that you can afford it! Because holy cow is collage is expensive.

Okay, poetry contest, chop chop:

For this contest your poem must be a Haiku

What is a haiku you might ask?

Here is a description stolen directly from the oxford dictionary:

HAI·KU

[ˈhīˌko͞o]

noun

a Japanese poem of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five, traditionally evoking images of the natural world.

Example:

Leaves in red and gold (5 syllables)

Broken bones shattered in fire (7 syllables)

My autumn of death (5 syllables)

(lol sorry for that gory example)

If you want to know more about haikus just look it up online. There's actually a lot of cool history behind them.

In the dictionary description it says that haikus are typically about nature, but for this contest you can make it about whatever you like!

I'm being easy on you guys for this contest heh;)

Also, don't forget to have fun!

____________________________________________________________

SIDENOTE: I didn't realize that some people might not know what syllables are. So here's an explanation stolen, once again, from the oxford dictionary:

A syllable is a unit of organization for a sequence of speech sounds. For example, the word water is composed of two syllables: wa and ter. A syllable is typically made up of a syllable nucleus (most often a vowel) with optional initial and final margins (typically, consonants).

If that still makes no sense here's the link to a handy site that tells you how many syllables are in a word:

https://www.howmanysyllables.com/

____________________________________________________________

For new poets joining who don't know how things work around here: Welcome, first of all. Second, to enter this contest just comment your poem below or send it to me through PM.

!!! REMEMBER !!!

Please DO NOT send me the link to the poem! I can't stress this enough! I have this problem with every contest I hoist and its getting a little old.  I will not except a ANY POEM in this form, I'm sorry lovelies.

(Votes are also appreciated but not necessary to enter *wink wink*)

Deadline: March 31st 11:00 PM

Results: Some time in the following week.

| PRIZES |

As a prize you get your name and poem posted in this book saying you're the winner and you get to brag about it for the rest of your life!

Don't forget, if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask through comment or private message! I might not see them right away but I will answer them eventually.

Stay lovely ✨