2.

"Well?" Ross pushed on, waiting for an answer from Lunar.

"Of - of course.." was all she managed to whisper.

"Great. You start next -" his words were sharply cut off by the large french doors that lead to the room, swung open and the queen stormed in.

"Like hell!" she spat at her son, rage written all over her face. "She stole, she gets the punishment." she paused to take a breath, more like a wheeze.

"Mother!" Ross' accent was thick on his voice, and he tried to overpower his mother.

Lunar looked between the two, knowing she didn't have a say in any of this argument.

The queens face was red, and she breathed heavily through her nose, nostrils flaring in anger. "Remember, son, when youre king, this wouldn't have been a very good choice." with that, she stormed out of the room, guards following her once again.

"Sorry for that inconvenience." he paused. "Like I was saying, before my incredibly rude mother interrupted, you start next week." he smiled small.

Lunar was speechless, but managed to speak. "Okay.."

She stood and looked to him. "Do you mind, uh, removing these cuffs?" she asked lightly, her voice very small in the large room.

"Oh, yes." he chuckled lightly and strutted towards her, removing a small key from his pocket and unlocked the cuffs, letting them fall in his hands.

"Much better.." she whispered to herself quietly, rubbing her wrists.

"I can show you to a room." he said to her, hands placed in his pockets.

She spun around to face him, her raggedy dress hanging of her small frame loosely. "That would be great." she smiled weakly.

"It would, wouldn't it?" he said rhetorically and walked of towards another exit.

Lunars short legs brought her to a slight jog to keep up with him.

"You should probably get a new wardrobe, too." he said, turning his head to look her up and down.

It was the same result from Lunar; a quiet chuckle and the tuck of a strand of hair behind her ear.

Eventually, after walking down many hallways, they reached a door, and Prince Ross opened it, motioning a wave of the hand for her to walk in. She did so entering the large room.

"This is three times the size of my hut." she said and spun around slowly, taking it all in.

Ross smiled and leaned in the doorway. "Its all yours, wardrobe is right over there." he said and pointed to a large closet.

"That's my hut." she said and smiled, they both laughed in unison.

"I have a country to rule." he said suddenly. "Like I said, dragons next week, and your mother will be brought over shortly later tomorrow."

Lunar nodded slightly and sat on a bench that was located at the end of her bed. With that, Ross closed the door quietly. It didn't take long before Lunar was examining the room, looking at all of the beautiful dresses and shoes left for her. All of the jewelry, the makeup.

It was so overwhelming.

How could all of this have happened in one day? And to me? Lunar questioned to herself.

She walked to the closet again, and opened it, looking for a beautiful dress to try on.

She found it.

A long dark blue dress. With jewels covering the bottom half. Her sleeves were completely lace.

This is so beautiful.

Temptation overcame her and she slid the dress on, it hugged her body tightly, and she stared at herself in the mirror, brushing the ruffles downward.

Someone entered the room. Not just someone. Queen Amberly. She gassed lightly seeing the girl in the dress and Lunar blushed, feeling wrought.

"Please, Queen I was just -" the queen (once again) cut someone off.

"You were just raiding our closets. I know." she paused to close the door behind her.

"If you think that I stand with my sons opinion and choice, you are completely wrong. I should have had the guards kill at first sight, so I didn't have to deal with you know."

Lunar had been looking down the whole time, too flustered to make eye contact with the queen.

"So you need to know, I will not stand by your or your opinions at all. No matter what they are." with that last unexpected statement, the queen marched out if the room, her heels clicking violently on the wooden floor.

This will not be an easy challenge. But they never are.