Chap. 17 Confessions

Start from the beginning

"How do I know you're being for real?" I quietly asked, barely above a whisper as I turned, reluctantly moving my head out of River's comforting touch as I made my way over to the bed. "How do I know you're not just playing with my emotions?" I asked, my eyes finally meeting his once more as he slowly approached my bed. "How do I know that you won't be the thing that hurts me?"

"You just have to believe that I actually care about you, Cat," he gently said as he eased himself onto my bed. "I'm done trying to surpress the feelings I have for you Cat," he stated, causing butterflies to explode within my stomach. "I'm done trying to push distance myself from you because no matter what I do, I just can't stay away from you," he said as he shook his head, though the small smile on his lips contrasted with his actions. "Everytime you laugh its pure music to my ears. Everytime you smile I feel like I can just look at you for hours. Your personality is beautiful. You are beautiful," he mused as he cupped my face once more. "And I want you to myself," he whispered, his thumb slowly caressing my cheek. "I want all of your laughs, your smiles, God, I even want your tears as weird as it sounds," he chuckled. "I just want to know that you're mine."

"So what does this mean?" I asked though I already knew the answer.

"It means that you're my drug, Cat," he lowly said and for the first time, the blank shield that usually covered his eyes truely fell away revealing one emotion swimmimg in them. Affection. "And God, Cat," he said with a light chuckle as his thumb gently swept across my cheek. "I'm already an addict."

By now, my heart was running a marathon of emotion and my mind was clouded by his words. Suddenly, I felt a pair of soft lips crash on to mine, causing a hurricane of butterflies to explode within my stomach. I felt River's hands leave my face and wrap themselves around my waist and pull me towards him as he deepened the kiss so that there was no part of our bodies not touching.

I could feel a swirl of emotions move from his lips into mine as we continued deepening the kiss, leaving no room for the gentle romance that was once there. Now only hunger ruled us.

His soft lips gently kissed my jaw before traveling down my neck until they found where my neck and shoulder met, causing me to bite my bottom lip to prevent a sigh from escaping.
"Say my name," River huskily asked against my skin, causing me to bite my lip so hard that it drew blood. Once he realized that I wasn't going to do what he wanted me to do, he attacked my neck with hungry open mouth kisses and light bites that'll most likely leave a mark tomorrow. "Say my name," River growled against my skin as he pulled my hips toward his.

I felt his name rise in my throat and slip down my tongue, but it stopped at my lips that were sealed shut. Suddenly, I felt his tongue trail itself up and down my neck and I finally cracked. "River," I sighed and I felt him smile against my neck causing a blush to burn on my cheeks.
"Again," he insisted and I shook my head. "Again!" He growled again as his kisses somehow managed to become hungrier. And by now, I had no control of my mouth.
"River," I repeated and a groan escaped his lips.

"God, Cat," he groaned into my neck as his grip on my hips tightened before his thumbs went under my waistband and started gently massaging my hips. "I just...I just have to stop before I can't," he lowly said as the sweet feeling of his lips left my skin.

"Why?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing together before a million thoughts bombarded my head. "I-Is it me or-"

"It's definitely not you, baby girl," he gently said as he cupped my cheek. "I just want to keep you safe and not make the same mistakes."

"What do you-"

"Remember when you asked me about this?" He asked, as he showed me the tattoo on his arm and I nodded. "Well, I think it's time to tell you about them."