"Did you know Gon when you were younger?"

I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Yeah. You could say we were childhood buddies."

Killua touched the bridge of his nose. "That idiot."

I hear steps running toward us and look at Killua who raises a finger to his mouth. He signals me to go inside his other room. As I wait, I hear their conversation.

"Killua-Sama. Are you okay?" It sounds like a girl's voice.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I feel someone's presence."

"I already checked. No one's here besides you and me."

"My apologies, master."

"It's fine, Canary."

When she leaves, I put my hands on my hips. "Master?"

"Servant rules, they're really stupid." He says as he grabs a chocolate robot.

"You said your wedding was arranged?"

I nod. "My mother planned it without my consent."

"She sounds lovely." Killua says sarcastically.

"Catch." He calls out, throwing a chocolate robot at me. I laugh as I watch him devour his.

"What's up with your chocolate addiction?"

He stares at me with his face covered in chocolate. "I don't know what you mean."

His face turns solemm. "So do you like Gon?" His tone held something that I couldn't place my finger on.

I freeze, My mouth turning into a line.
"I don't know."

"What do you mean?" He asks curiously, preparing our beds.

"Well, he stole my first kiss. And I said I loved him. I don't know, it was a long time ago so problably n-"

Killua interrupts me, "Y-your first kiss? You said you loved him?!" He looked like a hard-core Christian who was at a funeral watching me dressed in white instead of black.

I stayed silent with Killua's judgemental eyes staring me down. Finally, he sighed. "Just go to sleep, I have to check something out." He paused before taking off and turned to look at me. "Don't leave."

I nodded, watching him jog away, finding myself yawning and closing my eyes once again. I hadn't realized how exausted I really was.....

××××

The smell of fresh wood and soap woke me up with a startled look, realizing someone was on top of me, their shadow blocking out the sunlight from my face. I screamed, raising myself up and knocked heads with him.

Laughter was ringing in my ears, familiar yet foreign. It didn't take me long to recognize the stranger's voice.
"Gon?!" I gasped.

He stopped laughing and stared at me for a couple of seconds with his large caramel eyes. "Hey, Y/N." He said casually. "We have a lot to catch up on."

Taking a second glance at him, I realized he didn't have a shirt and his hair was soaked. Just now hearing the rain outside the burrow. Unwillingly, my eyes trailed his eight pack.

"My eyes are up here, Y/N." He said, hiding a smirk. I quickly shut my eyes and shook my head. "Yeah. Uh. Sorry?" I asked, in a loss for words.

Suddenly, I remembered the last twenty four hours and cranked my neck to see the full view of the inside of the burrow. Killua was nowhere to be found.

"By any chance have you seen Killua?" I wondered, catching a glimpse of Gon's eye twitch once.

"He left." He said casually. "Killua isn't coming back."

I took in his words, trying to make sense if them. Killua wouldn't leave me. Would he?

"He wouldn't do that." I said.

Gon stared at everywhere in the room but me. "What makes you so sure?"

I glared at him. "Because I trust him."

A bolt of thunder rang in my ears, causing my ears to vibrate, the ground shaking. "Why are you here, Gon? And how-" I stared at him, dubious. "-how did you even know I would be here?"

Before Gon could answer, I heard silent steps run towards the burrow, and feared that it was Canary again. But as they got closer, I realized they were Killua's. He was drenched with a plastic bag in his hand, protecting it from the rain.

He groaned and looked at the bed where I had fallen asleep in, a sudden panic in his eyes when he realized I wasn't there, his eyes scanning the room and landing their gaze on me.

Killua looked between me and Gon, his eyes wavering and curious. His gaze fell on me and I noticed he was carrying a plastic bag in one hand.

"What's that?" I asked, staring at it.

He looked at me, taken off guard. "Groceries. For you." He said awkwardly.

"Oh." Was all I could say

"What are you doing here, Gon?" The ex-assassin questioned with a sudden frown.

Gon grinned. "Nothing. Just coming back for Y/N." I felt Killua tense, dropping the grocery bag. "Why? She's fine here and right now she's weak."

Gon gripped my wrist. "I'll take care of it from here. Thanks, Killua." We began to walk away and I glanced at Killua who stared after us.

I mouthed Help. Killua was next to Gon in an instant, his hand on his shoulder. "She doesn't what to go with you. I know you're her fiancè and shit, but at least let her stay here for a while." His voice was irritated and I wondered how they were even friends, they were complete opposites.

Gon didn't let go. "You can come with us, but I don't think she'd be anwhere near safe in an estate full of blood- thirsty assassins."

Killua seemed on the brink of saying something nasty but I intervened. "Come with me, then, Killua. Please?" He was staring at me with his arms crossed. He glance at Gon who was staring at me.

"Obviously." He said, taking my other side. I heard Gon mutter something uninteligible under his breathe.

"So, where are we going?" I ask Gon who was silent as we leave, outside the Zoldyck property. Killua shutting the gates closed.

Gon turns to me and plants a kiss on my lips, quicker than the speed of light, with me almost not catching it at all. His lips are soft against mine and his breath is sweet. When he pulls away with a smirk, I realize that my mouth is hanging open.

"Close your mouth, dummy. You don't want the flies to go inside, do you?" His words sending a wave of nostalgia through me. He used to always say that when we were children...

Killua walks behind me and notices my expression. "What's wrong?"

He obviously didn't see what just happened. I plastered a painful smile on my face and looked at him.

"Nothing."

Sorry for making this short. I promise I'll make the next one longer 👋