Run-Away

Stiles dropped the gun and ran. Ran the opposite direction from the shouts and screams. He didn't understand why he'd just done what he had. It all happened in one swift moment, and it was like something was controlling Stiles.

He ran faster than he'd ever ran in his entire life. He looked back; no one was following.
On he ran, without stopping once, all the way to his house.

Stiles burst through the door and slammed it shut. He bolted upstairs and locked himself in his room. He started gasping for breath and water filled his eyes, making his vision blurry.

He let it all out. He didn't care when his dad came home. He didn't care when he knocked on the door, wanting to come in. All he cared about was what he did.

This is too much, he thought to himself. I can't take this. They hate me so much now. They hate me, they hate me! Scott hates me. They all hate me...I can't do this anymore...

But can I really run away? Is that even the smart thing to do? Probably not. But this is too much...

Without another thought, Stiles scrambled to get across the room and empty out his backpack. He filled it with everything he needed: flashlights, batteries, his phone, an extra shirt and a pair of socks, and a hat.

He threw on his red hoodie and Converse shoes. Stiles was about to leave the room, when something came to his mind...

He pondered whether he should leave a note or not. Probably the right thing to do...for dad.

Stiles quickly scribbled down a short message and left it where he knew his dad would find it.

Don't come looking for me. It's for the best. I don't want to live like this anymore. Thanks for everything.

-Stiles

Stiles cautiously crept downstairs, trying his best not to make any sounds that would alert his father, who was currently in his office.

He tip-toed into the kitchen and grabbed a dozen different fruits, two bottles of water, and a granola bar. He stuffed it all in the remaining space in his backpack.

Then, he moved towards the front door. Stiles opened it, relieved that it didn't make a squeaking sound, and slowly closed it. Once that was done, he breathed in a sigh of relief. And took off down the streets, towards the woods.