Chapter Eighteen: Old Enemies and Old Friends

Start bij het begin

Zelda rose her hand, "I second that motion."

Zant rolled his eyes, "This time there is no escape, we could either do this the easy way or the hard way."

As an awnser Link rose his sword and charged towards Zant. Zant smiled and with flick of his rist a wave of Twilight knocked Link back, landing on his back. Link slowly got up, but Zant planted his foot on his chest, preventing Link to get up.

Zelda stood alone and angry. Angry at Zant for hurting Link, and angry at herself for not seeing this rise of darkness sooner. Without realizing it, Zelda's hands burst with light. A power that she had, being the reincarnation of Hylia.

Ghirahim looked at Zelda's hands and smiled, "There's no need for that. You're out numbered, two against one. It would be easier to give into your fate."

"Sometimes the easiest path isn't always the wisest", Zelda replied. She looked at Link, who fell into unconsciousness, due to the wave of Twilight Zant hit him with. "I will not allow you hurt the people I love. Not again, not ever."

"I must acknowledge you for your wisdom", Zant admitted. "But that won't stop the darkness."

"Light will always triumph over darkness. It has been written in the very beginning of time. And if it means the death of you, so be it", Zelda stated.

Ghirahim groaned, "I think she's stalling, Zant. Let's just get this over with."

"I concur", Zant nodded. Ghirahim started to approach Zelda, but she quickly preformed Din's Fire. A large flaming orb of fire barreled toward the Demon Lord, fortunately for him he dodged just in time.

Ghirahim disappeared in a black cloud of diamonds. Zelda looked around her, desperate to see a sign of him, her hands still crackled with light. Ghirahim appeared behind Zelda and took hold of her rist. Instinctively, she pulled away. Bad idea.

Ghirahim smirked and let go of her rist. Zelda fell to the ground landing on her right arm. She heard a crack and winced. Great, Zelda thought, Just what I need right now, a broken arm.

Zelda lay on the ground dazed by the pain in her right arm. Tears welled in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. Instead she closed her eyes and let unconsciousness take her.
____________________________________________________________________

Link's whole body ached. His chest hurt were Zant had forcefully planted his foot, preventing Link from getting back to his feet. And that wave of Twilight that Zant struck him with didn't make matters any better. Link opened his eyes. It took him a moment to come back to reality.

He frantically looked around his surroundings. Zant was gone, and so was Ghirahim. Zelda was no where to be seen. Link got himself to his feet and picked up his sword which had been cast aside.

"It looks like you're in need of some help", someone giggled from behind him. Link turned around and held his sword out in front of him. His eyes widened when he saw none other than his old friend, Midna, smiling a toothy smile.

Midna crossed her arms, "Now, that's not the way how you say hello to an old friend."

"Is that really you", Link blinked.

"Last I checked", Midna laughed. "Sup, Pup."

"I'm not a dog", Link smiled.

Midna smirked, "I know. But we have no time to stand idle, we have a job to do. I want to find Zelda as much as you do."

"The thing is", Link sighed. "I don't know where they took her."

Midna replied, "They took her to Arbiters Grounds, most likely."

"Why do you think that", Link asked the Twilight Princess.

Midna rolled her eyes, "Well, I have no idea? Maybe it's because some crazy guy named Daltos decided to help construct a Mirror of Darkness, other than that I have no idea."

"So it was Daltos", Link growled. He looked up at Midna, "How do you know all this?"

"When the Light Realm is threatened, that threatens the Twilight Realm", Midna started to explain. "So I researched a way how to get here, the bummer is it drained me a lot of my power. But if it means saving my closest friends that I have ever come to know, it's worth it."

"Let's get going then", Link said with a smile. "Let's get rid of Ganondorf before he revives, if that makes any sense. Do you think you can still open a portal?"

Midna bit her lip, "We probably need to come up with a plan, though. It's not smart to walk in there all willy-nilly and start fighting everyone."

"We go in there, find Zelda, break the mirror, and we get out of there", Link said curtly. "That's our plan."

"I don't like that plan", Midna shook her head.

"Do you have anything better", Link asked.

"Alright, let's go", Midna said in response and opened up a portal by snapping her long fingers. "But I'm blaming you if we all die."

"I'll take the blame, then", Link said as he followed Midna into the portal.

Author's Note
As you can guess, I'm adding the fantastic Midna into the mix of craziness I call "The Princess and the Wolf"😆

Author's NoteAs you can guess, I'm adding the fantastic Midna into the mix of craziness I call "The Princess and the Wolf"😆

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

What's up with me and gifs lately?!