Chapter Seventeen: The Mirror of Darkness

The last light of dusk seeped through Arbiters Grounds. A twisted smile pulled at Lord Daltos' lips as the light of twilight started to fade. In front of him stood a large, tinted black mirror inscribed with ancient text. In the hour of twilight Daltos was able to gather up the remaining shards of the Mirror of Twilight and in the last light of dusk, as if on cue the shards gathered themselves up and created a Mirror of Darkness. A bridge between the Dark Realm and the Light Realm.

Now, Ganondorf's cackling echoed throughout the Mirror Chamber. Now is the time, Daltos. Since Bulbin had failed at the capture of the Queen of Hyrule, I have put my faith in someone else..

Daltos laughed nervously, "Lord Ganondorf, to get to the Queen you have to get through that Hero of Twilight. I am not as skilled as him, and I would surely die if I were to challenge him."

I wasn't meaning you, Ganondorf said coldly. What I meant was that I will give you help. Recently I was able to bring back two of my loyal servants back from the dead. They will help you, since you are physically challenged.

Daltos winced at Ganondorf's harsh words, "Who?"

"Us", a voice said from behind him.

Lord Daltos turned around to come face to face with two men. The one whom the voice belonged to was pale, and wore a long red cape. It looked as if he was wearing purple eyeliner. His white lips curved in a smirk, and a black sword was at his hip. The man in his left was wearing Twili garb and a large helmet that resembled a lizard. The man took the helmet off, revealing his face. He had striking red hair and yellow eyes.

"Um", Daltos eyed them nervously, "Hello?"

"It's me", Ghirahim, the man on the right finished his sentence with a deep laugh.

"What", Daltos asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

The Twili man, Zant waved his hand, "Don't mind him, he just will start singing random songs. He's kind of an idiot."

"Uh, no", Ghirahim grumbled. "You forgot. I'm a fabulous idiot."

Shut up, both of you, Ganondorf growled. Get to work. I'm getting tired of waiting to gain power again.

"Of course", Zant replied. "We'll get to work right away."

Good, Ganondorf sighed with annoyance.

"So", Ghirahim rubbed with gloved hands together eagerly. "Where do we go first?"

"Well, Queen Zelda and Link went on a trip to cure the Spirit Springs (in which I ruined myself). By now I'd think they would be in the Ordona Province, probably in Ordon Village", Daltos said proudly.

Zant conjured up two swords with glowing green markings, "Let's get going then."
____________________________________________________________________

It had been a week that Link and Zelda had been in Ordon Village. All in all, it was enjoyable. Link would bring Zelda to play with the children and Zelda would insist on watching Link heard goats.

That afternoon Zelda watched in awe as Link hearded a large group of goats in the barn under less than two minutes. Link jumped off Epona and ran over to Zelda. "You have a gift", Zelda stated with a smile as Link ran to her.