Gravity

*I was there on the day truth died
Blood on my hands, throw them up in the sky
I was a number one sinner no less
My life was a lie and my wish was a death
I fell in love with the ways of the world
Money and the fame, the booze and the girls
But I couldn't stay faithful if I tried
I'd turn into a devil you could see it in my eyes
I blacked out, told you everything I ever did
I couldn't take all the lies I was living with
I broke your heart, broke up the next day
My bags outside yelling get the hell away
You're not a husband, not a father just a pig
And you can never change all the things that you did
That's when I knew it, it wouldn't last
You'll never get away when you're running from the past

Last night Jax knew that it was the right decision not to talk about the Irish at Tara's place, but pulling his charger into the Teller Morrow lot with the intent to walk back into the club house and into church, along with what he knew would surely be the rest of club has him rethinking it.

The lot was already filled with a long line of bikes. He knows he's probably the last to arrive. Knows that he's the only one not currently a member that will be in that room, and knows that most of them don't know that he's out. They don't know that he's been out, and left Charming and the club behind.

As he walks inside the clubhouse the men all turn to welcome him. They all assume he just needed to get his head back into the game, and deal with the Tara/Chibs situation. He refuses to be anything but who he is, and this club is his families legacy so he strolls through the bar area with the all the confidence of the prince of charming and into church without knocking.

The men inside all cheer the return of their leader, but Jax keeps it cordial and knows he's getting odd looks from some of the older men, Bobby, Tig, Happy, who see that he's not wearing a kutte. Most of the table glances between Chibs and him not knowing what to do. Jax takes a seat at the side of the room with a few of the prospects that have been allowed in. He nods at Chibs who takes this moment to bring up a new topic.

"As ya can all see boys Jax is back in town, and that's brining up some old wounds with our Irish friends."

All attention turn back to the head of the table.

"Real IRA?" Tig asks.

"Aye. Alvarez did us a solid the other day. Seems they Mayans are catching a lot of heat on the street and the Irish are letting it slip that they think Jackie's here to get us back into gun."

The table is quiet. Except for Jax, "Assuming they let it "slip" as the only warning the clubs getting that it's on their radar. "

"Agreed." Chibs counters, "I think they quite liked the money and relative safety they had last time. Brown's been dealing and mueling but it's at a price. More attention to the traffic from DEA. Irish been getting jumpy for a long time."

"You think they want the sons back in guns?" Jax asks incredulously.

"I do. Alvarez and the Mayans have been good enough, but can't get out the volume we did. Might have to send out a meet to Malone and make sure to set the record straight."

"Connor Malone?" Bobbie questions. "Thought he disappeared with Galen?"

"Last I heard from Stockton, after O'shay, Connor stepped up to run state side." Jax offered.

"How you wanna handle this?" Tig asks.

"I'm thinking we keep it simple. Me and Jax meet with Malone explain the situation."

"Look, I know you want to keep it all kosher here, but I'm not going on any type of meet and greet with Malone." Jax says. The entirety of the table turns to him. He's always been one to question authority, even the club president, but this is direct defiance.