1

AN~ Ik I usually write Zosan but KidLaw doesn't get enough love.

~~~

.....

Everyday he marches
enjoying his rat race norm
until a red storm.

.....

       "Here's you change, have a great day." I droned as I wrote the name 'Namie' on the cheap and clear cup. The orange-haired girl in front of me had just ordered a vanilla been frapp with soy milk and caramel on top. She always ordered the same drink, and I was not about to let whoever followed her on social media suffer through another Starbucks picture.

      Mercifully, I began to write her name only to cross it out and spell it even more incorrectly, 'Nameie'.

      Your welcome.

      By the grace of god, my phone vibrated in my apron pocket, signaling 5 p.m. and the end of my shift. Not that I didn't like me job, but $8.25 per hour was not worth smiling to every customer despite whatever cruel hour of the day it might be.

           When you up all night studying the Anatomy of the human body, 3 p.m. is just as tortuous as 3 a.m.

           Luckily for me, the manager, Boa Hancock, said I was handsome enough to not smile, though it would hurt if I did. 'A smile would get you more tips!' Personally, I think spare change ringing in a glass jar is not worth the pain.

           Either way, I threw my uniformed cap onto its designated hook revealing my 'perfectly styled' bedhead. I would take being handsome and having nice hair as a compliment if it wasn't always said to me by the same type of person.

          Girls trying to score my number, sometimes even a guy here an there, and yes I do swing that way. But not for feminine ones which were the ones that usually tried to pick me up at work.

         "Hello, this is Water D. Law if I have to introduce myself, you shouldn't be calling." I stated as I picked my phone up on the first ring.

         "Why haven't you saved my number yet?" Corazon whined loudly through the line causing me to flinch. Despite being my father, I was always confused on who really raised who.

         "This is my new phone remember. I've only had for 5 days." I stated, nonchantly, as I went ahead and saved the contact as 'Corazon💕🤡'. That was the truth, this was a new phone since I had accident dropped my other one down the stairs. "I've been busy. No time to save contacts."

        "I call you everyday," He grumbled like a 5 year-old on the verge of a episode. "you could have taken two second to save my number. What if an emergency happens?"

         "I have you number memorized."

         "What if you get amnesia and don't remember?"

         "When I get to the hospital, they would contact you immediately since you're my father."

         "How do you know that?"

        I sighed face palming as I exited the back of Starbucks to my car, "Corazon, I'm litterally studying that shit right now."