Scroll 50: Protect the Future

Start from the beginning

"Aistiraha!" It hit Falan in the arm and it bled furiously. He grinned. Falan sighed before healing it.

"I must teach you a lesson then, Setta." She held her staff upwards and released thousands of ice needles. Aladdin quickly used borg to protect us. Once the magic died down, Setta turned to us and quickly asked us to leave.

"I'll handle this one so be careful out there okay?" We reluctantly left. I turned back once more and they were now on a heated fight.

'Be careful, Setta. Falan is stronger than ever but I know you will not back down.' The last door was much more grand. It was purple in color with golden linings but the designs were Sinbad's Djinns. It did not need any key of some sort so we simply pushed it open. It was the same room where books and other materials were stored. However there was a throne now in front of us.

"Welcome to the Sacred Palace, Aladdin, Alibaba, Hakuryuu, Judar and of course, Azami. I didn't expect you four to come all the way this far. I heard from Arba that you've been quite a challenge to the dungeons I conquered and I congratulate you. But—" I interrupted his monologue. I could feel a tick appearing in my head.

"Save your sentimental monologues to yourself, Sinbad."

"Tch. Feisty as always, Azami. And you wound me! I prepared that speech." He confessed. Everyone of us sweatdropped.

'Was that really important to say?' Ipos asked.

'Just let the conqueror have his fun.' Halphas suggested. I sighed internally. Sinbad looked at us seriously and told us that his plan will still proceed. Alibaba was astounded with his declaration and demanded an explanation. Sinbad did and it was all because even if he change the people's thinking, the past has done enough to damage the present and the future.

"But that doesn't mean that there is nothing good left in this world, Sinbad!" Hakuryuu said.

"You're wrong. There is nothing left for this world. We should start anew! That way, the future we wish will be of guarantee."

"You've gone crazy, Idiot Sinbad." Judar marveled at the man in front of us. I can't deny that fact. Sinbad was collected in front of us but there was something wrong with him. In his eyes, I could see glints. It would flash from yellow to red. I was worried for a second then he changed to Baal's equip.

"I know that you will not agree with me so with the remaining time that we have, won't you play with me? I do think that they also have a scoreto settle." We were confused with what he was saying until Arba pointed out to the people behind her. It was the Al-Thamen and Elder David. I took out my staff out. Elder David welcomed us with a dazzling smile (I wouldn't say dazzling but enough to see a happy smile?)

"Now, isn't this a fun reunion? I would like to settle the score with you kiddos."

"How about this, Azami? You and I will fight as former pillars of Solomon, Judar and Hakuryuu with Al-Thamen, Aladdin with Elder David and Alibaba with Sinbad." I looked at my comrades behind me who nodded.

"Leave everything to us." Alibaba grinned.

"Hmph. I expect you to defeat that old hag, Azami."

"We can do this, Azami-dono."

"Just do your best and leave it all to us, Azami-nee." Aladdin said. I smiled at them before facing Arba. She grabbed her staff out before ushering me to her own domain. I looked back to see them getting ready. Right. This was what it was supposed to be. I sometimes felt as if I did not belong here and it was a little melancholic.

"You know, this feels like when we were back in Alma Torran. Where we would train for hours and remember when you were still part of the Orthodox. The prodigy Azami Alttanin? I remember that. Those were the good times until that war happened. You were killed and it was Solomon to blame." She reminisced. I clenched my fist tightly at her accusation.