Scroll 28: The War and It's End

Solomon had became king due the people's pleas but was that what he really wanted?

"King Solomon!"

"King Solomon!"

Thanks to Solomon taking the lead, the morale of the other species was quite high now. All the 'towers' have already been destroyed. Only 50,000 magicians remain in the Orthodox's Cathedral District and the plan of the resistance for the last battle consist of surrounding the entire enemy's headquarters with an 'Isolation Barrier'.

"You want to turn the entire 'Cathedral District' into a no-magic zone? So we only have to fight with our physical strength?" Ithnan asked. Ugo confirmed it but with 60 Divine Staves, they will be able to fight with magic. Azami turned to Solomon and asked, "What will you do if Elder David shows up?" "I will fight him. If he will hide himself in the Cathedral, I will just go in there and kill him with my own hands." She clenched her fists and nodded. It was time to prepare the warships so Setta, Ithnan and Azami went to their stations. Setta scolded them for wasting their energy. Azami just laughed and watched them.

"But you should live a long life, brother and Azami-nee. The 'Divine Staff' users should retire when this fight ends." Ithnan bonked him in the head and said that he was not yet old but Azami just grinned and clenched her staff tighter.

"Setta? I will not be fighting in the war. I will be here to protect the city. I already told Solomon that and I feel like the war will not end in a bright way." Ithnan was about to protest but he hold himself once he saw her face which showed a forlorn yet determined look. Setta broke the impending silence and said, "At that time, the one who overthrew my destiny to die was not Solomon. It was you two."

"Setta?"

"This time, it is my turn to take that role."

"Hahaha! Don't leave me hanging, Setta! We, three, are in this together." She hugged the two tighter than usual. Luckily, the two didn't notice. Back at the base, everyone was crying and saying their good luck. It will be a painful war for them since it will be against the last magicians of the Orthodox. Soon, it was time to go.

"God is with us."

"Troops! Advance!!" The war started. Every species and remaining magicians were in their positions and raided the cathedral. Defeating them was so easy yet Solomon couldn't help but feel as if something was wrong. It was all too easy. Elder David appeared and showed his face to the resistance.

"Well then, Solomon! Come and kill God with me. Just like the 'destiny' that guides you!"

Rear of Resistance Base
Setta and Azami

"They should be fighting now. I hope they're alright." Azami thought out loud. Setta assured her until they heard a sob nearby. They rounded a corner and saw Tess, Falan and Wahid's son, crying.

"Tess, what's wrong?"

"I-I told my papa and mama to go die for all I care... Even though I didn't mean it..." He sobbed. Azami pulled the poor kid to a hug while Setta patted his head and told him that he should apologize to them when they get back.

"They will be back right?" He asked. Azami smiled and assured him.

"Your papa and mama are strong! They will punch the enemies and zap them up! Hahaha! They are very great after all!" He nodded. Azami stood up while holding the kid and face the others.

"Have some hope and backbone, everyone! Solomon, the others, and our family will be back! Then we will live happily! So don't show that face to me and pray! God is with us!" She yelled. The others finally wiped their tears and prayed.