Scroll 12: The Crimson Prince and Azami

THUMP THUMP THUMP

"Ow."
"Azami dear? Are you alright?" I rubbed my behind before looking at the Crimson Princess who sweat dropped at me.

"I'm alright, Kogyouku. I was just in a hurry. I think I woke late today."

'You really woke up late you know.' Furcas smirked. I glared internally at the djinn before telling Kogyouku that I will be assisting Prince Koumei today.

"I'll see you later!"

"Ah! Don't run in the hallways or you'll slip—"

'Too late, I slipped again. Man, what is it with me today?'

It had been a week every since I came to Kou for a visit. I could tell you that Kouen was a little bit upset with me leaving with only a letter. Koumei, on the other hand, welcomed me. Furcas was furious with him but ever since I met Yunan, I think my admiration for the Crimson Prince was just because I look up to him. Maybe, I didn't want to enter in a relationship but at the same time, my heart yearned for one. I was so confused.

'You should just let things go in its own accord, My Queen.' Stolas said. I smiled. I entered the Crimson Prince's room and greeted him with my usual smile.

"Morning, Koumei! Have you had any breakfast?" I pulled out the chair and checked the papers one by one. He peeked at me.

"Not yet. I have to finish these papers today. There will be a diplomat visit soon and I have to be there with my brother and king." He answered nonchalantly. An irk mark appeared on my head before standing up.

"You should at least eat you know! Sigh. I'll prepare some tea and buns. You wait here. And don't complain about the food. You have to eat it, got it?" He was surprised my outburst but ended up chuckling. I strode towards the kitchen and made the food myself. Luckily, there were steamed buns that were just cooked.

"Are you sure you'll be alright carrying them all, Lady Azami?" The head, Pipit, asked. I smiled at him and told it was alright. Returning back to the room, I prepared breakfast on the spare table.

"Koumei, breakfast is ready." He nodded and stopped what he was doing to eat. We sat and had a little chat.

"Who are involve in the diplomat visit, Koumei?" I asked while drinking Darjeeling.

"Hmm? I think it was a princess from another country who wanted to have a trade with us. Possibly, another ally country." He answered.

"Hmm." I ate a bun while thinking about this diplomatic visit. Usually, it takes marriage to unify a country. He was still eating nonchalantly. He knew of the marriage needed to be done. I stared at him for a while before he noticed me.

"Is there something wrong, Azami?"

"Nothing really."

"I see. Thank you for the meal. Oh right, Kouha is looking for you. I guess he wants you to train him."

I nodded then I went back to my desk to finish half of his paper. It was again about economy but there were papers about Balbadd.

'Great! Alibaba will be overjoyed once I tell him about his country's condition.' After memorizing all the information, I finished the papers.

"I'm done!"

"Thank you and good work." I smiled sheepishly before packing my things for training.

"Oh yeah. I'll be back in the afternoon, better eat your lunch okay?" I gave him a threatening smile to which he sweat dropped. He abide to it though.