Scroll 49: Fourth Dungeon, Azami's Hidden Power

Začať od začiatku

'She really is persistent. Well then, we will not back down without a fight. Sinbad-sama may be giving you an easy way but we will not. We will change the world.' She thought. Setta asked Arba what was the next dungeon they would have to go.

"Hmm? I don't know but there was someone tampering with the game. This will be the lasts and I believe that intruder is already there. Let's go. The 7th dungeon, Vepar. Spirit of Life and Death."

Seventh Dungeon
Vepar
Azami's POV

A huge gust of wind made the cloak I had been wearing cover my face. I coughed out loud and let the piece of cloth protect me. I took out Furcas' weapon before using Zalam triple times and I could feel exhaustion in restricting my magoi. Vepar appeared before me and asked me a question.

"What is the essence of life and death? Answer me, Azami. I am Vepar, the Spirit of Life and Death. Let me hear your answer."

I was about to answer him when spikes everywhere appeared. It almost pierced me but I dodged it in time. I was about to ask Vepar but she attacked me.

"Furcas Rasas!" It melted the spears but I was attacked by a serpent that sent me skidding down the floor. The friction was enough to mar my skin. It bled a little but I stood up and used my blade to attack Vepar but 'Sinbad' returned it to me. It slashed my cheek. Wincing, I took out the knife and jumped to attack him.

"Ha! Furcas Saiqa!"

"Tch." She glared at me. I raised an eyebrow at her and asked what was her problem but she just huffed at me.

"What the hell?" Vepar made the Sinbad beside her disappear and went to me. She tipped my jaw upwards before giving me a glare.

"What is so special about you that you wish to participate in this game? I've heard about you from the other resistant members back then." She asked me. I answered her that there was nothing special about me.

"All I want is to help my friends and make him realize things. My future doesn't matter but I want to answer your question. Life and death are both essential factors for us to exist. We don't exactly know why we live or why we die but what's important is to know that they co-exist to create a meaningful existence. The joy, love, victory, sadness, despair, hatred, loneliness. They are all part of life. But death is the baseline of everything. An intelligent once said that when we die, questions like 'What is this all about?' or 'What will happen after this?' pops in everyone's mind. But what's important is the experience. I don't think that eternal life is great because we experience much stronger emotions that we carry it until the ends of time. If eternal life did exist, then people would have mostly forgotten their past. Birth, childhood, adulthood and death wouldn't exist. That would just be illusion to that immortal person. I believe in what she said. I do think we should let everything play out and just do our best to live and survive. Don't you think so, Vepar? Sinbad?"

I didn't know if Vepar was satisfied with my answer because she didn't look happy or what. I could only hope that my answer was enough so that I could finally help Aladdin and the others. The djinn sighed before smiling at me.

"You're right. What's important is that we love our lives to the fullest without any regrets. You passed this dungeon and—" Suddenly, a bright light appeared behind me and 6 figures approached us. I was thankful that my cloak covered my face. I smiled at them.

"So this is Vepar's dungeon. It's colorful and there are a lot of murals." I heard Alibaba say. That was actually true. Vepar's dungeon was really beautiful. Vepar glared at the the 6 figures.

"Way to be rude. Geez. As I was saying, this dungeon is cleared. Thanks for your honest answer." Vepar disappeared and I could feel them looking at me. I sighed loudly.