Chapter - 9 ~ Birthday!

Aditya was up, even before the sun or let's just say, he never slept. He dressed up in house clothes and first of all, cleaned up his room. He was about to leave when he realised that no shop would be open at such an odd hour. But there was one thing he could do. He quickly took out his incomplete canvas and set it up on the board.

"The time has come, now!" he said amusingly.

It took him an hour and a quarter to give it the shape he had imagined it to be in. Till then, the sun had already given his greetings to the canvas and the artist. But this posed a problem. He had to change his stained clothes. His vocal chords said that but his sluggish body refused to come into action. But eventually, it did. He kept the canvas carefully beside the bed onto the carpet and sat down, preparing the list of all that had to be bought.

After having his breakfast, he asked the hotel boy to call a decorator to give an elegant look to his room. Till then, he shopped for the essentials.

When he returned, the room had acquired the shape of a bride, perfect to welcome his girl. He quickly took his canvas to a gift shop to dress it up and placed the order for the cake - heart shaped white chocolate finger cake with rose swirl icing!

While going back, he called her up, "How many candles should I buy?" he asked, standing at the shop.

"You were supposed to wish me, first!" she exclaimed, surprised to hear the question instead of an amiable birthday wish.

"I'll do that in the evening, no! You answer my question, first!"

"Twenty - three!" she replied in a small voice.

"Okay, thank you! See you in the evening!" he hung up, bought the candles and moved on.

He called her again.
"Champagne?" he asked, heaving badly.

"Will do. But not much!" she replied in a smaller voice.

"Okay! Bye!" he didn't even wait for her goodbye and cut the call.

After he was done, he called her up for the third time.

"Now WHAT?" she asked frustratingly.

"Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear RUYA!
Happy Birthday to you!"

"Aditya! What's wrong with you? Is this the way to wish someone?"

"Don't spoil your mood, sweetheart. It's your birthday after all!"

"Aha...now you realised that?

"I was just kidding. Sorry, baba... Okay, now you have full one and a half hour to get ready. Doll yourself up in the nicest of your dresses. By the way, what will you wear?"

"That's a surprise!"

"I thought it was YOUR birthday!"

"Yes, it is but you can take it as a return gift!"

"I've already planned for my return gift. But that, I'll tell you, when you receive yours!"

"Okayyy! I'll be waiting! Okay listen! Wear the jacket your mother gifted you on last birthday."

"That three - pocket summer jacket?"

"Yeah! Same!"

"How do you know about it?"

"The Encyclopedia!"

"What Encyclopedia?"

"Your diary, stupid!"

"Ohh! Okay! But how can you be so sure that I have it right now?"

"That's what your diary said!"