Chapter 21.

A few months had gone by and we were healing. Sarah was out of hospital and we were both getting back on track. Our physical wounds were almost gone and both Sarah and I were recovering from the emotional side of the ordeal. James and Bianca had returned to Australia, planning a return in December for Christmas. I hadn't stayed in New York State since the events and neither had Sarah, only briefly stopping in when we'd needed to pick items up. Sarah had stayed with me in the city and had started working in her new job.

We had talked all about Alex and what had happened back in Australia and here in New York. We'd had a few more interviews with the police and I'd again thanked Constable Baker and his team for saving Sarah's life. We spent most nights cuddled up on the couch together, enjoying what we may have lost should the outcome have been different. And slowly I was feeling more confident to attend events, bringing Sarah with me and not have the passing thought that someone was watching us. W'd both learned to shake that off, knowing Alex was gone.

SNL was going from strength to strength and I hadn't been able to thank everyone, especially Leslie, enough for their ongoing support and understanding. I was finally getting back to myself, the joking dancing, laughing and being outrageous Me.
Sarah and I continued to 'click' in our relationship and I couldn't image life without her.
Sarah was loving her job and was inundated with work and the demand for her talent was just what she needed. Her focus and drive was impressive and she kept herself busy working on new projects. The brunette had her moments though, still a lot of sleepless nights and anxiety, but we were working through it together.

I pulled to the side of the road, parking the car leaning in to Sarah, sitting in the passenger seat. I pulled her close to me, murmuring as I kissed her lips, the brunette smiled pushing back into me for more. We pulled away and I stroked her cheek, giving her a wink. Sarah stepped out of the car, slinging her large bag on her shoulder, turning to me with a smile.
'I'll pick you up after rehearsal,' I said with a wave.
Sarah waved back and headed towards the tall office building in front of her. I watched her walk away, waiting for her to turn around to give me our cheesy signal, she did, walking backwards slowly, a big grin on her face as she tapped her chest lightly with her fist. I smiled back, tapping my hand to my chest too, whispering to myself, you'll always have my heart. Love starts as a feeling, but to continue is a choice. And I find myself choosing you, more and more every day.