Ability

Zack and Angela took care of Malea for days after her breakdown. The police couldn't do anything becuase they had no idea who the stalker was, but they assured them that "they were doing all they could." For weeks he didn't show up, yet eventually Malea relaxed by a certain amount. Nightmares still came, but life with Angela and Zack made Mal think things were calming down. It had been three weeks since she last saw her stalker, and Malea's wings had also finally come in. She was at Angela's, and they were trying to see if Malea could move and control her angelic wings. Angela had managed to get a hold of Michael again, and the archangel was over to supervise.

"Alright, let's see the wounds. Shirt and bra off." Michael commanded Malea.

She glared at him. "You know, you could be a little nicer about it..." But she pulled off her shirt anyway, back to the fellow angels, and put her arms over her chest before unhooking her lacey black bra.

Where her wings would have been attached to her back was the only place there were scars, everything had surprisingly healed. She would carry the matching scars for the rest of her life, though.

Michael ran his fingertips between her shoulder blades, which made Malea shiver. His hands were cold. "It looks good," He said. "I think we should try to bring them out first, then we'll see if you can control them beyond that."

"Okay... how?" Mal asked.

Michael chuckled. "Ah, right. You were human. Go ahead and put your arms to your sides," Malea did so, and he continued instruction. "You know what they look like, right?" She nodded. "Picture them in your mind, and think of them folding out. It's that simple."

Malea closed her eyes. She'd seen her wings a few times before, and Angela had described them to her. She put the vision in her mind, and manipulated it, folding them out. Pretty soon, Angela quietly gasped.

"Did they... they transformed..." She whispered.

Mal turned her head, and saw most of her left wing. The shape had become more defined, and they looked shiny like obsidian, yet had the misty quality of fog.

Michael let out a low whistle. "I've never seen that happen before... they're beautiful..."

Without anyone telling her to, Mal fluttered them a little. Michael and Angela gasped in astonishment. They felt like an extension of her body, they felt natural.

"How...?" Michael was at a loss for words. He and Angela stood there, mouths agape.

Malea willed her wings to close, and they folded back onto her skin before disappearing like Angela's had the day she was hurt. Mal pulled her clothes back on quickly before turning to Angela and Michael.

They were standing there, shocked. Then Angela came up and crashed her lips into Malea's, kissing passionately. Mal kissed back, putting an arm around her girlfriend. Michael let them have a few seconds before clearing his throat. "Sorry..." Angela apologized, slightly red. "But that... that's incredible. Mal, you have a lot of power to be able to do that this quickly. Without instruction, nonetheless!"

"It just felt... I don't know, natural."

Michael tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Wonder how that could happen... well, it seems I'm actually not needed, so..."

"If you don't have to leave right away you can stay for awhile," Angela offered. Mal looked at her questioningly, but didn't say anything.

Michael, however, seemed very grateful. "I... thank you, Angela. If you don't care, I'm going to go in the spare room... I just want a nap before I go." Now that Malea looked, she could see that he was indeed tired.