Chapter One

NOTE: I do not own any of the ideas or characters expressed in this story (except Cassie Jackson). All of these belong to J.K. Rowling.

Hey everyone! I'm so happy you've decided to read this story :) I just want to let you know that it does get better after like the first nine chapters. I know the beginning isn't as well written as the rest of it, so I hope you'll keep with it to the very end. I've written a second Draco Malfoy story named 'Little Bird', which I personally think is written much better than this one. I'm also working on an original story 'Robbers'. Please please check them out if you decide you like my writing!

I do realize that some of the elements in this story don't match those of the original series (such as Luna being in the year below Harry, etc.), but I changed these things on purpose to make things work for me. So please don't make a comment about it! I already know :) 

Also! I'm very excited to say that Hateful Love is now being adapted into Spanish and German! If you want to read either, they can be found in my reading list 'translations' :) Let me know if you're interested in translating this into any other language!

Although the main ideas of the entire Harry Potter world belong completely to J.K. Rowling, the rest of this story is still mine. Please do not attempt to steal any of my ideas, characters, or anything else that belongs to me from this story. Let me know if you see anyone who's stealing my stuff! Also, please don't try to promote your own story down in the comments :P Thanks!

Well, that's all! Please enjoy the story, and don't forget to vote/comment/follow! I love you :)

~*~

The steam from the train wafts up above the crowds, families waving to all their children as they depart for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

          I stick my head out the door as the train slowly begins to make its way out the exit, waving to my parents.

          My dad's a short, balding man, so he doesn't really stand out in a crowd. That's funny, see, my mom's the complete opposite. She's tall and tan, and has wavy brown hair that other women would kill for. Well, I think to myself, Opposites attract.

          I force myself to keep waving until we round the corner, then I sigh with relief. Goodbyes are always messy with my family.

          My friend Katherine tugs on my sleeve, smirking up at me. I inherited my mother's height, so I tower above most people. "Come on," she says to me, "let's go find everyone else before all the seats are taken."

          I roll my eyes and follow her. Katherine's in Ravenclaw with me, and we're both starting our sixth year. We met at Platform 9 ¾ our first year of Hogwarts. It makes me smile when I think about it; we were so awkward around each other then. Now, we're practically sisters.

          Katherine pulls open the compartment door when she spots the rest of our friends in Ravenclaw. I raise an eyebrow with annoyance when I see that the compartment is completely full.

          "Thanks for saving us a seat guys," I call over Matt and Danny's bickering about a chocolate frog. Pretending to be pissed, I add, "It's nice to know we have such great friends."

          Katherine sticks her tongue out at Cho, who giggles, "Sorryyy, not our fault you took forever to get here."

          I open my mouth to hurl back some sort of insult, but I stop myself. No one could be mean to Cho Chang. Not after what had happened two years ago. Instead, I scoff at Danny, who keeps telling me I can come sit on his lap. Katherine shuts the door, harder than usual, after which we hear muffled laughter.