Chapter Fifty-Four

NOTE: I do not own any of the ideas or characters expressed in this story (except Cassie Jackson). All of these belong to J.K. Rowling.

Thank you all so much for the votes and comments (: I honestly can't thank you enough, you have no idea how much each comment means to me. I've been very busy lately so it's been difficult for me to reply to them on the last couple of chapters, but I should be able to on this one. Please let me know what you think, if there's anything you want me to change or if you have any questions :)) Anyway, enjoy!! I hope you all like it, this chapter was especially hard for me to write -_-

***************

Cassie P.O.V.

          With the Carrows on either side of him, Draco slowly raises his wand and points it straight at me. A part of me feels relieved that he’s listening to me, that he’s going to do what they want so no one will suspect we’re together.

          But another part of me is realizing for the first time that I really am scared of him.

          I squeeze my eyes shut and wait for the pain. There’s a moment of dead silence, then I hear him lift the wand higher and shout, “Stupefy!”

          His voice doesn’t register in my mind right away, so I’m still bracing for impact when I hear a loud crash, a cry of pain—and it isn’t me. My eyes open abruptly to see Amycus Carrow halfway across the room, slumped against the wall. I barely have to time to realize what happened before I see out of the corner of my eye Draco blast another spell at Alecto. I snap my head around to see Alecto crash into a table on the other side of the room.

          I blink, staring at her fallen body and trying to make sense of what just happened. Draco…attacked a teacher. And then I look over to see Draco bent over Amycus and find that he’s literally punching him senseless.

          We are so screwed.

          Forcing my legs into action, I painfully lift myself up off the floor and rush over to Draco. Amycus must be unconscious, because his head sickeningly snaps to the side every time Draco hits him. Draco’s fist is cracking across Amycus’s jaw for what must be the twentieth time when I grab hold of his arm and try my hardest to hold him back. “Draco, stop—“

          But it’s like he can’t even hear me. Draco rips his arm from my grasp and punches Amycus in the nose, shouting insults that no one can hear but me.

          “You fucking piece of shit—I’m gonna kill you, I swear to fucking God—“

          “Draco—“

          “—fucking prick—bastard—touch her again I’ll fucking beat the shit out of you—“

          He’s going to kill him. Tears forming in my eyes, I grab Draco’s shoulders and shove him hard. “Stop!”

          And he does.

          Draco slowly lowers his raised fist, breathing heavily with sweat running down his neck. He throws Amycus’s limp body to the side with a furious grunt, and I jump slightly when the professor’s damaged face hits the stone floor hard. Draco sits back, his shoulders heaving and blood running down his torn up knuckles. Then he turns to me suddenly and gently grabs both sides of my face, searching my eyes frantically. His voice sounds raspy and strained from yelling as he asks desperately, “Are you okay?”