"I've tried but he's not answering." Marley replied while Fred and Archie sighed.

"We are still questioning Jughead." The sheriff said to Fred.

"Why is that Sheriff? Do you have evidence?" Fred asked the sheriff while Marley just crossed her arms over her chest looking at the sheriff waiting for him to answer. After a few seconds of silence Fred Andrews spoke again.

"Can you at least let the boy's girlfriend see him?" Fred asked on behalf of Marley. The sheriff sighed and nodded calling over a deputy to show Marley where they had placed Jughead.

When Marley walked into the room, Jughead looked up from his hands and released a breath a relief standing up and pulling her into a hug and Marley hugged him back.

"Jughead what's happening?" Marley asked worry lacing her tone. Jughead sighed and sat down at the table, Marley sitting in the seat opposite him.

"He thinks I killed Jason." Jughead said
"Why? Where's the evidence?" Marley asked confused.

"There isn't any. He said it could be me because Jason and his friends used to bullied me and in elementary school I accidentally nearly started a fire by playing with matches." Jughead said running a hand over his face.

"That's not evidence. That's assumption based on the past." Marley replied using the hairband on her wrist to tie her hair up into a messy bun.

"I didn't do it Marley, you have to believe me." Jughead said after a few seconds of silence. Marley sighed and grabbed his hand interlocking their fingers while Jughead let out a breath.

"Of course I believe you Jug, I was with you, and I know who you are." Marley said squeezing his hand.

"Well, those paradise fall kids went to death row because they were black and listened to Metallica." He paused to take a deep breath.
"I don't want to become a scapegoat." Jughead said

"I'm not going to let that happen. All the evidence against you is circumstantial. If we can even call it evidence. We're going to get you out of here Jug." Marley said reassuring him.

Jughead let out a shaky breath before looking back at Marley.

"Is my dad here yet?" He asked hopefully and Marley looked down quickly before looking up at Jughead.

"Archie and Mr Andrews are here. They are talking to the sheriff," Marley paused before looking down quickly before looking up at Jughead.

"No one knows where your dad is. I've tried to call him but there's no answer." Marley said using her thumb to stoke the back of his hand while Jughead sighed.

After a few minutes the sheriff came in.

"Jughead, you are free to go. I apologise about this." Sheriff Keller said opening the door while Jughead just nodded leaving the room still holding Marley's hand.

Mr Andrews, Archie, Marley and Jughead all left the station together and walked down the steps to see FP walk around the corner quickly it was clear to see that he was hungover.

"Jughead!" He called out to his son while the group walked down the steps.

"I'm sorry, I came as soon as I got your messages. The phone's battery died I forgot to plug it in last night," FP chuckled while everyone looked at him. Fred Andrews put his hands into his pocket.

"What the hell happened?" He asked looking at Jughead.

"Nothing. It's fine now. Mr Andrews took care of it." Jughead answered his dad while Fred looked down.