38.

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
"Woah, that is a high pitched voice. Puberty hasn't hit yet?"

Marley had stayed up all night waiting for her dads phone call and she never got it. In the morning she had a shower and got dressed in a black button down denim shirt and a grey top. She pulled on her black converse before she made her way to school skipping breakfast.

After Marley's first class she made her way to her locker to swap her books until she saw Nick at his locker a few doors down from her. She adjusted the strap on her backpack before walking up to him.

"Hey, Freshman," Marley greeted leaning against the locker next to Nicks. Nick looked behind him before looking back at Marley.

"Are you talking to me?" Nick asked and Marley rolled her eyes.
"No. I'm talking to Casper the friendly ghost," Marley said sarcastically and Nick nodded.

"I'm sorry. I---I didn't-" Nick began nervously and Marley pushed her glasses further up the bridge of her nose before she rolled her eyes.

"Why are you so nervous all the time? Just relax," Marley said smiling and Nick nodded.

"I'll see you around Nick," Marley said popping her gum and Nick nodded.
"I'll see you around, Marley," Nick said and Marley smiled before making her way down the corridors. She saw Betty and Archie both emerge from the student lounge at the same time and Marley decided to walk with them.

"Did you guys tell, Ronnie? About her Mr Blossom incriminating her dad?" Marley asked them and the two of them nodded.

"She was shocked, and confused," Archie said and Marley nodded.

"Hey, you may or may not know this, but it's Jughead's birthday," Archie said changing the subject and Marley gasped.

"What?" Betty and Marley said at the same time.
"And he didn't tell me? He didn't say anything?" Marley asked slightly offended.

"It's tomorrow, and he doesn't like making a big deal out of it. Every year he goes to a double feature at the Bijou. It's like this tradition. The last few years, I've been his movie buddy. But now that he has a girlfriend..." Archie explained trailing off and Marley nodded.

"Of course, I'll take him. But the both should come with us," Marley said to Archie and Betty and Archie shook his head.

"No, I don't want to be a third wheel," Archie said and Betty nodded.
"Been there done that," Betty said and Marley playfully rolled her eyes.

"It will be like the five musketeers," Marley said and Betty chuckled.

"Marls, there wasn't five musketeers there were four," Betty corrected and Marley and Archie chuckled.

"I'll see you guys at lunch," Archie said before walking the opposite direction. Before Betty could walk away Marley grabbed her arm gently.

"Betts, can we talk?" Marley asked and Betty nodded.
"Sure." Betty said and Marley lead her into a vacant classroom.

"Betty, what happened that night you and Veronica went to get revenge on Chuck? I wasn't there so I'm just asking?" Marley said playing with her fingers and Betty raised an eyebrow.

"We just got him to apologise and to admit that he didn't do anything to Veronica, we told you this," Betty said and Marley shook her head.

"No Betts, what really happened? I spoke to Chuck and he said something about you having a dark side, and that you tried to drown him," Marley said and Betty crossed her arms over her chest.