12.

CHAPTER TWELVE
"Guys, are we going to be those kids in horror movies that walk straight to their own deaths?"

Marley woke up rather early for a Saturday morning due to Jason's funeral. After Marley had a shower she looked in her closet trying to decide what to wear.

Before she could decide her outfit her aunt barged into her room with a shopping bag.

"I got you a dress for the funeral, put it on." Gina says pulling the dress out of the bag and handing it to her. It was a simple black skater dress. Marley slipped it on while her aunt zipped it up.

"What are you going to do with your hair?" Her aunt asked her.

"Like usual." Marley shrugged sliding herself into a pair of skin coloured tights.

"No absolutely not. Sit on the bed." Her aunt commanded picking up the hairbrush and hairband on the dresser.

"Why are you so stressed out about this?" Marley asked her sitting on the bed nevertheless. Marley's aunt started brushing her hair attempting to style it.

"Normally Marls, I don't care what people in this town think of us. But the blossoms?They can make our time in Riverdale a living hell. We've come this far without them getting angry at us. Just lay low at the memorial it will only last a few hours." Gina said finishing Marley's hair.

Marley didn't mention what her, Betty and Jughead were planning to do at the Blossom mansion. Marley got up and went to look in the mirror to see how her aunt styles her hair. Marley's hair was pulled into a neat low bun and a side parting.

"What shoes are you going to wear?" Gina asked Marley. Marley didn't own any shoes other than trainers. At the lack of response from Marley Gina looked at the shoe rack Marley had in her room and picked up her black combat boots that she hasn't worn in ages.

"Here, put them on quickly. Are you sure you don't want to ride with me and James?" Gina asked Marley handing her the boots. Marley took them and slipped them on.

"Yeah I'm sure,Betty, Jughead and I were going to ride together." Marley answered.

"Okay make sure you're not late, and no chewing gum." Gina said before leaving Marley's room to go get ready shutting the door behind her.

Marley sketched in her notebook while waiting for Jughead to come pick her up. After a few minutes of sketching there was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in," Marley answered not looking up from her sketchbook. Marley looked up when she heard someone clear their throat.

Marley looked up to see Jughead dressed in a black and white suit. On top of his head was his signature crown shaped beanie.

"Wow Jug, you look amazing." Marley said in awe. Jughead did a sly smile and put his hands in his pockets showing his suspenders.