1.

CHAPTER ONE
"Of course it's a thing, is England just supposed to disappear?"

It was the first day back at school after summer vacation. Marley spent the time watching Netflix and hanging out at Pops. It was a uneventful summer that she mostly spent alone, because all her friends were out of town.

Marley woke up to the sound of her alarm and had a quick shower. She pulled on a pair of black jeans and a black vest top and a black and white flannel. She then slipped on her pair of Doc Martins.

She pulled her dark curly hair into a messy bun at the top of her head and grabbed her backpack and went down stairs to her aunt Gina.

"Morning marbles," Her aunt greeted her smiling. Marley's aunt had Caramel skin and voluminous curls, her curls were bigger than Marley.

Gina was the nicest person Marley has ever come across. Gina was a mathematics teacher at Riverdale high, she has never shouted at a student but they respect her so she never has to.

"I really hate that nickname Aunt G," she said while sitting down on the brown dining table ready to have breakfast.

"Excited for school?" Her aunt asked ignoring what she said about the nickname. Her aunt placed some bacon, eggs and toast in front of Marley with a glass of orange juice.

"How can one be excited for school? The only thing that got me out of bed is the fact that I get to see how Cheryl acts after her fake story about her brother drowning." Marley said while biting into her toast.

"Hey, we don't know for sure that she was lying," her aunt said slightly telling her off for her assumption sitting down at the dining table with a cup of coffee.

"Come on G, it sound suspicious you know it does, captain of the water polo team drowning? Do you know what they do in water polo? They swim, you'd think the captain of the aquaholics would know how to swim," Marley spoke before sipping her orange juice raising an eyebrow at her aunt.

"Good points but you have to remember he was in shock. Don't give Cheryl a hard time today, her brother could possibly be dead," Her Aunt said to her sipping her coffee.

"I'll try my hardest even if she is the Blair Witch." Marley replied putting a piece of bacon in her mouth.

Marley never got along with Cheryl since she moved to Riverdale, she called her gothic and that she doesn't belong in this town and spread disgusting rumours about her. Marley thinks it's because everyone was somehow infatuated with Marley's accent and Cheryl didn't like not being the centre of attention.

"Be nice," her aunt warned her and Marley playfully rolled her eyes.

"Do you need a ride to school?" She asked her taking her coffee and Marley plate to the sink quickly washing it up.

"Nope I'll ride my board, see you there aunt Gina." Marley said before picking up her skateboard and making her way out the door. She placed mint flavoured gum in her mouth before getting on her skateboard.

Marley turned left going her usual way to school and saw Archie and Betty.

"Hey Betts, Arch" she greeted slightly slowing down. Marley looked at Archie jaw dropping a little at his appearance.

"Hey Marls," They both greeted her.

"Wow Arch, puberty finally came huh?" Marley said jokingly to him. Archie just blushed. Marley hopped off her board and tucked it under her arm before pulling Betty into a side hug.