I scoffed “Art? What the hell am I supposed to do with that?”

   Raphael shrugged “being a medic, I wouldn’t know. This timetable if for hunters and hunters only. You will also be with a few others in your elemental training. And you will spend extra time at the end of each day with the lord’s hunter.” I scowled “Sorry,” He added “I know he’s an ass.”

   I mirrored his shocked expression “What did you say?”

   His red eyes darted around the room frantically “I-I-I'm sorry. I shouldn’t have said that.” I narrowed my eyes, but I saved him nonetheless. “Right, if you could just show me where to go that would be brilliant”

   He nodded vigorously, taking my arm.

   He pulled me up the stairs, out of the dank smell and through and archway to pull me into the medical room. Scalpels’ and pictures decorated the blindingly white room, the black hole in the wall still there.

   Suddenly we took a sharp turn, and I found myself, yet again in the hall of dorms. Raphael took a turn right and pushed open the double doors, and pulled me into a huge class room. Well, huge didn’t really describe it. Monumental was probably better.

   The wall hung with expensive looking chandeliers, and target boards were lined up on the black and gold striped wall. It glowed with the light of the jasmine scented candles, and a woman with a blonde messy bob and a kind smile sat at a dark wooden desk.

   She looked up and her red rimmed glasses slid down to the end of her nose. “Hello dear. Would you like to take a seat?” I nodded, her liquid gold eyes glistening. She smiled warmly at Raphael. “Thank you Raphy”

   He returned the smile and gave me a brief wave before turning around and walking out the door, shutting it softly behind him.

   I walked over to the chair nearest to me and plonked myself down on the ruby cushion. I glanced nervously as the pale faced teenagers stared at me, their eyes like twinkling stars.

   Jeez, stare much? There were only 4 others, but it felt like millions of eyes on me.

   The blond teacher stood up, her white gown hugging her tall, lithe body perfectly.

   “Hello Evangeline. We’ve been expecting you”

   I snickered quietly. Call me immature, but it sounded like a scene out of a James bond movie.

  She continued, ignoring my laughing “I'm Mrs. Fray. You can call me Lisa though”

   Lisa was still smiling, and a few students around me rolled their eyes.

   I saw a movement in the corner of my eye, and a boy with chestnut coloured hair that flopped down in front of his face leaned in. His huge gold eyes gleamed and his mouth was pulled up in a half-smile.

   “She might seem scary at first, but I promise, she’s sort of normal”

   I giggled the use of the words he had picked. ‘Sort of normal’

   He pulled back just as Mrs. Fray began to speak again.

   “Right Guys” She said “First, I’d like you to all to introduce yourself to Evangeline. Then we’ll get on with some basic light magic”

   Mrs. Fray retreated to her ebony desk and buried her face in the book ‘ Magic: an experts guide’

   The 4 students turned to face me, their eyes identical.

   “Um…hi?” I said weakly. The blond boy turned to me, a friendly smile on his face as he opened his mouth to speak. Except someone interrupted.