Chapter 33

So this is going to a bit confusing because the scenes will shift backwards and forwards and backwards again. I guess you have to see it like a movie or something but if you have any questions at all, I'd be pleased to answer.

I stated that I would write an epilouge next but then, it would be too extra long and complicated so I'm making this the final chapter. There will not be an epilouge separately after this.

Sometime before the execution of Sungnyang
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The emperor sat still, his body felt stiff and tired. He stared at the paper on his desk, he wanted to read it, to discover what was hidden inside of it but then, a part of him was afraid and held him back. He dreaded what he would see and how much it would change the world he had built.

The world which was slowly breaking apart.

Finally, he pushed his hands and opened the envelope,removed the paper. Out of the envelope fell a small thin paper, with large stains of water. Or tears. He immediately dropped the larger one on table and began to read the small paper.

Your Majesty,

Words can not describe how really sorry I am. I have always thought, imagined different ways to tell you the truth about me and one time, I was so close but I just couldn't. Now you know already, but I still need to tell.

I am Park Sungnyang, I am not from Yuan but from Koryo. My father was the chief of the second regrouping of Woodalchi. My mother, brother and myself were all members of the group which lived to protect Koryo and the royal family.

I was a concubine at the palace, a sixth ranked concubine. Circumstances brought me here, your majesty, but I am greatful for fate.

I am sorry we have to be this way your majesty, I am sorry for breaking your trust and I am most sorry for letting you love me.
I love you, your majesty. Perhaps I never knew so but now that I can already feel death on me, I have realised just how much you meant to me.

I will not ask you to forgive me because what I have done is unpardonable and again, please your majesty, don't forgive me for this innocent life I will take away along with mine. Don't forgive me your majesty, and don't remember me.

Park Sungnyang.

He crumbled the paper so tightly that it got torn. Rage and fury boiled inside him.

Not to forgive her?
Of course he wouldn't forgive her. He would punish and keep punishing her till eternity. She would never be allowed to leave his side again.

Innocent life?
His precious Child.

After some time, he opened the larger paper and began to read its contents.

The sixth day,
Month of boar,
Year of the wild honey.

Today, I have made a decision. Probably one of the biggest choices I have ever had to make in my life.

All these times, I have been sitting, speaking and contributing to the death of the emperor, but how could I not have known? It was crystal clear. Pave way for the crown prince to ascend the throne.

The empress called me. She had been crying, her eyes were red and her eyes looked unsettled. I had never seen like that ever before. She knelt before me, I was scared.

"You are the closest to the emperor. He listens to you so please I beg of you Lord Ki, please persuade him to drop whatever idea he has of abdicating the throne to prince Wong ."