chapter 1.

The cold evening wind made her shiver beneath the folds of cloth she was wearing. She was lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear the maid until as tapped her.
"Lady Nyang,, her grace requests your presence in her chambers."

Nyang nodded and dismissed the maid with a nod and a very low voice

"thank you, you are excused"

She walked through the hallways and watched the servants going on with their chores. She smiled at them when they stopped to bow at her as she passed by. She arrived at her mother's chambers and the lady-in-waiting announces her

"Your grace, her ladyship is here."

Few moments passed before an authoritative voice spoke.

"Very well, let her in."

The door opened and Nyang walked in gracefully as every other lady of her status would. She stopped and bowed to her mother, her forehead pressed on the chilling floor, the weather was cold. She stood and waited until she was asked to sit before she did so.

Lady park looked at her daughter, studying those brown eyes with long black lashes that look combed. She looked again at the long straight nose that fit in perfectly between the eyes. Her gaze travelled to her lips, red, plumb, and small. Her eyes travelled, studying her daughter's face, noting how perfectly well those high cheekbones suited her.

"Ommonie, have i done something wrong?"

Nyang asks growing uncomfortable with her mother's stare, breaking lady park out of her trance.

"how many times must i tell you that you must never speak first but listen?"
Lady park answers slightly irritated.

Quickly, nyang bows her head in apology.

"Very well then nyang. Get ready, you will be leaving in two moons time."
Her mother says. Although not sure where, she did not want to annoy her mum by asking so she kept quiet sure the answer would come by.

                                  AFTER TWO MOONS

"Your father is a governor, of liayong and i suppose you do not know that the empress dowager has announced that the emperor will be taking concubines? To save you the story, which you will hear later, you father and i have happily submitted your name as our candidate. I want no arguments or protest. You will leave by sunset and i am sure you knew more than enough to be a concubine therefore, do not fail me, you may go now."

Lady park said and took a sip of her tea which nyang knew to be a general habit for dismissing someone she had finished talking to.

She got up and bowed again, walking stiffly outside. Immediately she's in the hallways, her legs give way and she falls. There on the floor she sits until her personal maid, hyun soh taps her

"My lady, it is time to go. I've packed your things and if you wouldn't want to change, the carriage is by the door outside"

Nyang looked at her as though she was gibbering nonsense.

Finally, she got up and walked to the carriage. In front of it she stopped and turned to face the house again. Her mother walked to her and gave her a kiss on her forehead

"You must be strong my child, I'll miss you"

and dried the tears in her face. Nyang stared at her, obviously dazed at this side of her mother. She bowed to her mother and the house, the servants all bowed to her too. They would miss her and her cheerful life.

In the carriage, she is alone inside, six guards, two soldiers and hyun soo were riding on horses outside. She was clutching a letter, from the man she had strong feelings for. She read it thoroughly and cried at her destiny. The carriage came to a halt and she hears hyun soh's voice 'my lady, lord wang koh wants to have a word'.

At the name, her heart bled. She braced herself and said 'allow him'. Soon, she hears his voice behind a shut window

" Nyang, you don't have to do this. Come with me, we'll leave, go somewhere nobody knows and live with a house in a farm, have children together please"

So much as she wanted to, she knew she couldn't so she braced up courage

"Wang koh, i cannot ruin the reputation and integrity of the park family, which took so long to build due to my own reason. It'd be selfish and unfair. I have a duty and even if it's the unwanted duty, i most fulfill it. Have these, we will be going our separate ways now"

She handed him his letter, and the ring he gave her as a symbol of his love. She looked at him and her heart broke immediately but she was careful not to show.

"Going our separate ways.... very well, i wish you luck in whatever part you choose but i will never forget or stop loving you."

He murmured and turn his back, riding as fast as he could without turning back.

A tear slid down her face but she wiped it midway. No need crying she told herself, its all gone now. All she has to do is figure out a way to ensure she survives in that hell hole where consorts and even the empress fight and kill each other. Although the emperor has taken no consort until now, she knew it wouldn't be different.

"Your grace, we are here"

hyun soh said and the carriage stopped. Nyang breathed in and out till she felt a bit calm. She stepped out and looked at her new home, which could decide her future, the imperial palace of koryo, she smiled.

End of chapter. I hope you enjoyed it and I'm sure you may have questions concerning Wang koh and nyang but don't worry and keep reading. Please vote, it means a lot

Shukurallah and thank you too.