Under Control

Beginne am Anfang

Elena and I thought the best thing we could do for him was be there at her funeral and support him and his mother. "Of course Matt." I told him.

~ ~ ~

Class has finished when Alaric asked us to stay behind to talk about Jeremy and his grade. He showed us Jeremy's recent homework with a grim look. "I made a copy of a paper Jeremy wrote for me. I think you guys should take a look at it."

Elena took the paper and I looked over her shoulder to the read the title. "Fact or Fiction: The Truth About Vampires in Mystic Falls. Jeremy wrote this?" I asked surprised.

"He's very clear that he didn't think it was real." He said.

Elena was worried that our brother's memories were coming back and was shaking her head. "I really hope you're right because we've done so much to protect him from all of this." She said looking at me.

She gave the paper back from him and he put it back on his deck. He turned to us with a heavy sigh. "So, how do you deal with it?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked.

"With all the lies and the secrets. You have to lie to everyone who's important to you." He said and we looked at each other.

It was definitely a heavy burden for us to keep hiding secrets from everyone and soon enough it was going to catch up to us. Everyone will lose their trust in us because the lies will keep building up. It was going to be tough for us. I shrugged at the question. "It's not like we have a choice, it's not safe for them to know the truth." I said.

"We're keeping it from them only because we love them." Elena said.

Alaric was silent for a moment consuming what we've said to him before speaking again. "I think Stefan is a good guy. But at the end of the day he's still a vampire." He said.

I looked at Elena. "I know it's hard to understand but Stefan is different. He would never do anything to hurt me." She said confidently believing in him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We got home from school and I was in my bedroom listening to loud music from my speakers when I heard a loud noise coming from Elena's room. The noise made me jump and I had to turn down the music to listen before running over to her room.

I opened the door and saw Stefan glued to the wall and the shelves on the wall had fallen. His face shifted and he was panicking in fear, Elena was staring at him in shock. "Stefan..." I looked at him when he turned to me with bloodshot eyes. I gasped at his look and he quickly vamped out of the room through the window.

I turned to Elena who was still in shock. "What happened?" She shook her head trying to grasp onto the situation. "I don't know he just lost control of himself and broke everything." She explained.

Something was definitely wrong with Stefan, ever since the night we saved from those tomb vampires he's been acting a little strange.

~ ~ ~

There was a knock on the door and I went to open it. It was Damon and he stood there with his usual smirk staring at me. "Well, you certainly came here fast." I said. "You called I came. I'm easy like that." He said entering our house.

I closed the door behind him and point upstairs to my room. Damon saw Jeremy eating in kitchen and smirked. "No Laura, I will not go to your bedroom with you." He said aloud on purpose to tease me, I just rolled my eyes at him and dragged him up to my room.

I pulled him in and he started looking around. "Ah, just like I remember." He said. Last time he was here I was naked in a towel. "Stop messing around." I looked at him annoyed.