Let the Right One In

Start from the beginning

I look at him with fear crawl up my spine and I didn't like the feeling I was getting.

~ ~ ~

It was still raining when Damon drove Elena and I to the woods after we insisted on saving Stefan together. He made us wait in the car and went inside to get Stefan. We waited for a moment before I saw him coming back but he didn't come back Stefan

"He's back." I let Elena know before I get out of the car opening the umbrella for us. We went over to Damon and let him under the umbrella for cover. "What happened? Where is he?" I asked.

"They have him. I can't get in." He informed us.

"Why not?" Elena asked. "Because the woman who owns the house is compelled to not let me in." He said.

I look over his shoulder to see a house in the distance. "We can get in." I said and we both tried to leave when Damon grab us back. "You're not going in there." He said holding us tightly.

"I'm going!" Elena protested desperately wanting to save her boyfriend. "You're not going in there." Damon glared at her. "Why are they doing this? What do they want with him?" She asked looking as though she's about to break down any moment.

"Revenge. They want revenge." He told her.

Elena was slightly shaking her head being fearful of what they'll do to Stefan. "We gotta do something." I said.

Damon nodded. "I know."

"We can't let them hurt him. We gotta get him out of there." Elena said desperately and I wrapped my arms around her. "We'll get him out. I promise." I told her and I turned to Damon.

"We need another plan." I said and he agreed with me.

~ ~ ~

We were out of options and had to drive back home to think of another plan. Damon's the only person capable of killing all those vampires in there, but the problem was he can't get in without an invitation. And Damon wasn't going to let us endanger ourselves either so we had to find someone who could help us, and the only person that came to mind was our history teacher who was also our step dad.

We drove all the way to our high school because we knew we would find him there. Damon was walking ahead of us in the hallway when he stopped at the corner staring at something.

"Well, don't you look... alive?" He said sarcastically with a smirk.

"You can't hurt me." We heard a voice and knew it was Alaric's. "Oh, I can hurt you, all right." Damon said threatening him. Elena and I looked at each other and knew we had to stop them before things got out of hand.

We stepped out to behind and Alaric was surprised to see us. "Mr Saltzman. We need your help." I said.

He was troubled by our request because the three of us still haven't had a chance to talk yet about our mother. But after our desperate plea for him to listen to us he let us in his classroom.

Elena and I were at standing by his desk trying to convince him to help us while Damon was glaring at him from the sidelines. "They have Stefan in the house and Damon can't get in. We really need you, Mr. Saltzman. I mean we could get in, but..." I explained when Damon interrupted me.

"But your life is valuable." He said and rolled my eyes. That sounds so much like another lie. He turned to Alaric. "Yours, on the other hand is..."

"Stefan told us about your ring." Elena said staring at the ring on his finger. Alaric looked at us. "What about it?" He said like it was nothing special.