Let the Right One In

Start from the beginning

She glared at him furiously. "I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." She fold her arms burning holes at him.

Damon sighed at her. "How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire? Your sister's forgiven me." He said winking at me.

"Forgive is big word. You haven't done anything for me to forgive you." I said and he pout at me. "You're still mad about of the whole Kelly Donovan thing, aren't you?" I glare at him for even bringing that up but he just smirked to irritate me.

"Do you really want to do this right now?" I snapped at him.

"This isn't being very productive." Stefan stepped in to stop our arguing. I stop arguing at Stefan's calling but continue to glare at Damon. Stefan turned to his brother. "We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah? Hmm."

Stefan looked for his approval but Damon didn't say a word and walked out of the room. Elena rolled her eyes at him and made a frustrated face. "He just makes me so cranky." She muttered after he left.

Stefan pulled her in and embraced her. "I know. He makes everybody cranky."

"So, what are we going to do?" I asked.

Stefan pulled away from Elena. "Damon and I are gonna handle everything, I promise." He assured us. I raise my brow at him dumbfoundedly. "What about us? You can't expect us to just sit here and do nothing." I look at him.

"That's exactly what you girls are gonna do, because that's what going to keep you safe." He said. "Which means nothing if you're not safe, too." Elena looked at him worried.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly safe. I have Damon, the self-serving psychopath on my side." He told her and they embrace each other.

"Well, that's comforting." Elena said sarcastically.

~ ~ ~

Elena and I went home just like Stefan wanted and we tried to go on with our day like any normal rainy day would be. Staying inside in our toasty warm house. I was getting hungry and was on my way down to the kitchen when my phone rang.

Damon. It was the third time already. I rolled my eyes and pressed decline.

I was heading towards the kitchen when I heard knocking on the door. I went to answer it and Damon entered without waiting for me to allow him in. "You didn't answer my calls." He said.

"Won't you come in?" I asked sarcastically and closed the door to keep the cold out. "You're ignoring me." He said looking around the house.

"The three missed calls? Sorry. I don't answer strange numbers." I said being sassy and folding my arms but Damon wasn't having any of my attitude. He looked worried for some reason which was odd because he's never worried about anything.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Is Stefan here?" He answered with a question. I frowned at his question. "No. I thought he was with you."

"He went out in the woods and didn't come back. I can't get him on his phone. I figured he was here with Elena." He said taking out his phone.

I picked up my phone and tried to call him but he wasn't answering. "It's going straight to voicemail." I said shaking my head.

I looked at him worried. "Where could he be?" I asked.

Damon was thinking to himself for a minute when he figured where his brother could be. "You're not going to like what I'm thinking." He said.