vii. jughead jones

NO SONG OR GIF TOO OVERWHELMED BECAUSE OF 1K READS

jughead jones

    we all sat on the bench, everyone eyed each other and their eyes all stopped at me.

"so, y/n, what do you think? who?" archie asked, eyebrows raised, the others stared in silence.

"um, i don't know," i spoke.

"come on y/n you gotta choose me," reggie smirked, lifting an arm and flexing i cringed and turned to the person next to him.

"nah, i don't even need to ask you, i know you'll come with me," chuck winked and i laughed nervously, turning to the next person.

"remember? in second grade, you told me that i'd come with you to the dance," archie told me, i shook my head, "you kept coming over to my house and we danced then you said-"

"oh archiekins, you're so romantic," i jumped and saw that veronica, betty, kevin, and jughead were sat next to me.

"why go to a lame school dance with such lame people like reggie-burger, chuckles and your archie-nemesis." jughead groaned "can i go now?"

"not until y/n decided, school dances are the most significant events that will occur during your high school life, don't miss out," veronica nudged me in the hip and i sighed knowing that i wouldn't be able to get my butt of this bench if i didn't choose someone.

"why can't i just come with one of you girls?" i asked they shook their heads.

"why don't we just not go to the school dance," jughead mumbled, then an idea hit me.

"i'll go with jughead."

the others looked shocked at my answer.

"what?"

"jughead isn't going to come to the dance." chuck clucked his tongue.

"i'll make him-"

"he isn't good looking enough for you, go with me and the others will be jealous of you, being able to eat the reggie burger, but instead you want to come with this piece of dirt?" reggie scowled at jughead.

"in that case, dirt tastes better than burgers."

"i object!" jughead butts in, i laugh and punch him playfully in the arm.

"see? i'll have so much fun with my jugs," jughead blushed and look down, avoiding any eye contact with me.

"i can't believe my crush rejected me and went for my best friend," archie smiled at himself.

"oh it's just a dance, we can leave now," i said getting up from my seat, archie, betty, veronica, jughead and kevin followed.

"that was intense," kevin whispered.

"and quite shocking," veronica said, linking her arm with mine.

"surprisingly, my heart doesn't hurt as bad as i thought it would," we laughed at archie.

I glanced at jughead, he seemed very quiet.

"jughead, what's up?" i ask, moving from the middle of the group so i could walk with jughead.

"oh, i'm just so excited to go to the dance," he rolled his eyes, "and last time i checked, dances cost money."

"so?"

"money which i'd rather invest in burgers and fries."

"very funny," i laughed sarcastically.

"that wasn't a joke," he sounded serious.

"of course, but jugs, you're going to be with me!" i said excitedly.

"oh, i guess that's okay," he shrugged, a smile forming on his lips.

"oh, i also forgot to mention, there will be lots of food."

"even better." he winked.

____

a/n

but did any of you guys see my archie comics reference?

i can't even 1k ok so guys so yeah bye i should have updated yesterday but i had work from 6am-3pm and i was super tired so i accidentally slept at 5pm last night and woke up at like 10pm and ended up staying up all night because i couldn't sleep last night but i didn't write anything because i was wayyyy too busy pretending that i was friends with the cast of rIverdale and hanging out with them because i have 0 life k bye

sincerely yours, liz