Chapter 1

"Are you all packed up Audrey?" My mother calls from downstairs.

"Almost!" I yell in reply.

I try to pull the zipper shut on my overly-packed suitcase. My flight leaves to Italy in exactly two hours and I am already running late. I finally get the zipper pulled shut and I rush down stairs. I stop in the kitchen to grab some breakfast but my mother quickly stops me.

"Audrey, what are you doing? You don't have time to eat breakfast you're going to be late! Let's go!"

"But it's 6 AM and I'm starving!"

"Well that's too bad!"

She grabs my arm and we rush into our car where my father is already seated in the driver's seat. I put my suitcase in the trunk and climb in. I barely have time to close the door before my dad speeds off towards the airport.

I sit in the back seat thinking about my upcoming adventure. It is June 1st, 1993 and I am determined to make this the best summer of my life. My parents insist on taking me to the airport even though I am perfectly capable of driving myself. My mother is six months pregnant with her eleventh child (I know, she's crazy) and she still said she wouldn't miss my departure for anything.

I am 21 years old and I have been staying at my parents house for the past few months since I lost my job. I had enough money to keep my apartment, but I would've had to dip into the money I saved specifically for this trip. And that just wasn't going to happen. I have been planing this trip since I was a very little girl, and my dream is finally coming true.

A/N: Hello I'm Emily! I don't know if anyone will ever read my story but I hope someone does lol. I picture Audrey as Audrey Hepburn who is from the 50s. And I know this story doesn't take place in the 50s, it probably would've but it would be hard to write in that time period. Anyways, I picture Audrey a little bit shorter and curvier than she is in real life. But to anyone who reads this, you can cast Audrey as whoever you want! I just think Audrey Hepburn is stunning. Also I don't know why this story takes place in the 90s. I guess I just didn't want it to take place now. AND ALSO I'M NOT ITALIAN AND I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ITALY SO SORRY IF I MESS SOME OF THAT UP. I LOVE ANYONE WHO READS MY STORY. THANK YOU.