Chapter 5

I don't kiss him back at first but then I do. I don't know why he wants to kiss me but I don't question it. The kiss is heated and he slides his tongue in my mouth and I gladly welcome it. I feel adrenaline rushing through me. He makes my whole body feel alive. There are sparks flying and I've never felt a kiss like this before. Maybe all the other times I kissed boys there was nothing special between us. But there isn't anything special going on between Harry and I either, I remind myself. I need to stop thinking so much.  We make out in the hallway only a minute longer until Alessandra starts walking our way. Once she sees us and we see her we quickly stop. 

She gives us an awkward look. "Um I'm sorry I'm going to leave now."

She turns around and walks away so rapidly that neither of us can respond to her. I don't even know how to explain this. I'm confused at myself. I don't like Harry. At all. He's insulting and ignorant and he has every bad quality a person could possibly have. But that kiss. Wow. It was so spontaneous and unexpected. I loved it, everything about it. And when he said I was beautiful and rare it made butterflies flutter in my stomach. No one has ever told me that I'm beautiful before. I don't really know what he meant when he said I was rare. Maybe I'm unique, I don't know. It makes my heart melt thinking about it though. And it shouldn't.

Harry and I have been silently staring at each other for about five minutes now. I don't know what to say and obviously he doesn't either.

So finally I decide I should say something, "Uh well I should probably go talk to Alessandra. Um goodbye."

Harry nods and goes into his room. I think he regrets kissing me; the awful part is that I don't exactly regret kissing him.

--

Harry ignores me for a whole week. Sometimes I see him in the lobby but he tries to not make eye contact with me. I don't really want to talk to him either I just want to know why he kissed me in the first place. I spoke to Alessandra, I didn't know if she would be mad at me for making out with her cousin but she wasn't angry at all. She was just confused because I was originally very upset with him when I asked her where he was. I told her that I'm equally confused at what happened. I sit on the couch waiting for Alessandra to finish her shift at the reception desk which should end in around 10 minutes. I wait patiently, Alessandra told me that she has some friends that she wants me to meet. They're friends of Harry's which makes me a little nervous because I don't know if I want to talk to harry.

Finally Alessandra's shift ends. "They should be here any minute now." She tells me.

And right as she says that a group of five boys enter the hotel. Harry is leading them and it makes my stomach twist. The rest follow behind him and I immediately recognize one of them. The boy with the dark hair is the same boy that knocked over the German lady. I'm in such shock that I don't even notice when they are all standing in front of me.

"Uh Audrey...what's wrong with you?" Harry says as he acknowledges the weird staring state that I am currently in. I'm a little surprised he's even talking to me. I snap myself out of it and brush him off. Harry introduces them to me. None of them are Italian. They must all be from England or something except for one who sounds like he's Irish, his name is Niall.

I have now learned that the criminal's name is Zayn. He doesn't seem scared that I'm the same girl he saw that day. At first he looked a little shocked but now he just seems amused at the insane amount of trauma I'm in. Are they all unlawful people? Alessandra doesn't seem to recognize him as the one we saw in the street; she did say that she didn't get a good look at him. I don't know if I want to associate myself with these people. They could all kill me for all I know, I have no idea who they are and I'm in a foreign country. Suddenly I just want to be with my friends and family. I need familiar faces but I guess I'll have to suck it up for now and just deal with this.