13

十三

Hansung eased the horse down to a slow trot, as we entered the military base. It was already evening by the time we had finally came, and they were all waiting for us. 

Prince Banryu stood in the middle, among all the other generals and soldiers... his serious expression on his face was illuminated by the flickering torches that were set around the area.

Hansung got off the horse first, before he reached up and helped me down.

Once my feet were on the ground, I started to get dizzy spells again... and I was unable to stand up straight, and Hansung grabbed onto my arms to help me up. 

"She's weak! We need a physician!" Hansung yelled to the surrounding men when he saw that I was breaking into a cold sweat, as sweat began to appear on my forehead as I sat on the ground... feeling faint. 

I heard many feet rush forward as the men started to talk among themselves, but it all sounded like faint mumbles as I was far too exhausted and very hungry by now. 

All of a sudden, I felt myself being lifted off the ground and I looked up at the dark starry sky above, before I turned my head and saw it was him who was carrying me.

"Your highness," I whispered his name, feeling a rush of happiness and warmth as I reached up and placed my hand on his chest... before I fell back into darkness.

When I opened my eyes, I stared up at the ceiling of a large tent for a moment, before I turned my head and noticed that I wasn't the only one that was here. 

Near the edge of the bed, was Prince Banryu who was sitting there with his head between his hands... and I was worried since he didn't move at all, like he was a statue. 

I sat up, and I started to reach towards him, and placed my hand on his back, and he immediately turned around, and looked back at me with such an intense emotion in his eyes.

"Your highness," I began... as I started to feel emotional from seeing that look in his eyes, but I clenched my teeth, and started to smile at him. "I'm so glad to see that you are well. I was so worried that something might've happened to you-" 

"Meili," He cut me off, and when I looked up at him I was shocked to see that his eyes were red, and glassy with near tears. "Why are you talking like nothing had happened to you?" 

"Y-your highness-" 

He didn't let me finish what I was going to say as he moved forward and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his embrace.

He held me there for a long moment, resting his head on my shoulder as his hands were grabbing a fistful of my garment on my back, holding me in his arms tightly.